NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheel Spacers

Go down 
+4
Darklight
bigdogdewey2
Xx_Black-out
totald
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Allpro vs Spidertrax. I can not see a real difference so I will guess that it all comes down to preference. Let me know what you think. Ultimately I would lean towards spidetrax simply because I have seen more people running them over the allpro.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm running 1.5" Allpro wheel spacers and can't complain. The quality is great but they lack the 'cool' blue anodizing that the Spidertrax have. As far as I can see, this is the only difference.

I was originally looking for Spidertrax but found these used for $100...couldn't pass it up.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: wheel spacers..   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 pm

i ran wheel spacers on my Suzuki Sammy...loved em...when i go them there was noone else out there that made spacers...now ALL PRO OFF ROAD has them and so do a few others..i have the ALLPROOFFROAD on my FJ and will NOT complain...plus they are cheaper...by alot... now i have read some disrespect of ALL PRO...but not the product...all disrespect has been about customer service...so go with who u want...pay what you want...but you get the exact same thing...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm

As far as the price, from what I can find, the allpros are only $10 cheaper per set. But spidertrax has blemished sets that are the same price.

So why did y'all use 1.5 vs 1.25?
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Like I said, originally I wanted the 1.25" Spidertrax but the Allpro's became available for cheap.

Honestly, I'm not sure 0.25" on each side is going to make a huge difference but I love the foot print my FJ has now.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 pm

cool thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:19 pm

my wheels are backspacedat only 4"...i needed 4.5"...so i just went with 1.5"..
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Allpro 1.5" wheel spacers here too! I actually wanted the extra .25". Pricing is better and I wanted the extended lug nuts for mounting them. No complaints here aside from I should of did it sooner. Allot of people do run the Spidertrax but they're really the same material just anodized blue.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Well allpro made my decision for me when I called because they were out of the 1.25". I ordered the 1.5" and they currently have 20% off spacers and lugs so I got 2 pair plus the lugs and shipping for $182 and change.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh, thanks for all the input
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 am

Just to throw this out there the All Pro spacers are lug Centric meaning that the lug nuts is what centers it on the hub. Not a bad design and I have 1.5 of the same variant from East Coast Gear. The spidertrax are hub centric meaning that they fit tight around the lip on the hub bearing. and also provide the same lip for the wheel to sit on. I would say its no biggie either way, but keep in mind discount tire would work on my truck with the spidertrax because they where hub centric, the lug centric ones they removed before they would mount the wheels back on. Just food for thought here guys.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 pm

My allpros are hub centric. They have them listed right on their website, and that is what was delivered to my door. Don't know if that is new or not.
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:49 pm

That is new, they went hubcentric before. My bad.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 pm

no bad, just new news
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Allpro offers both hubcentric & lugcentric.

Make sure you guys are running hubcentric
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: wheel spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm

yeah if you call them and tell them its for a 3rd,4th, gen 4runner or fj...they will send you the hubcentric...thats what i have...and i did get the 1.75" by the way...
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:04 am

Darklight wrote:

I'm running the lug centric AllPro spacers and haven't had any complaints, yet. I agree that hub centric would probably be the better choice...
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Do you have any vibrations or balance problems? Our trucks are set up for Hubcentric and the weight of the wheel/tire rests on the lip of the hub and not on the lugbolts. This type of Hubcentric mounting surface is also stronger.

Xx_Black-out wrote:
Darklight wrote:

I'm running the lug centric AllPro spacers and haven't had any complaints, yet. I agree that hub centric would probably be the better choice...
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Darklight wrote:
Do you have any vibrations or balance problems? Our trucks are set up for Hubcentric and the weight of the wheel/tire rests on the lip of the hub and not on the lugbolts. This type of Hubcentric mounting surface is also stronger.

I agree with you and I would rather have hub centric but the lug centric have been working fine thus far. (knock on wood)

I just started on my 3rd tire rotation and all of a sudden notice some steering wheel vibrations at lower speeds. Once I'm on the highway it seems to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I used lug centric spacers from east coast gear supply. They worked good for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 am

If I go up to a 285/75/16 and run a 1.50 spacer would I still have to do the body mount chop? Or would the spacer let me clear the mount?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 am

I would get hub centric wheel spacers/adapters if you do decided on getting a set. They will create more room for tire clearance on the spindle area. Not sure if they would make you rub on the mounts or not. With a 33" you might be okay. Some tires are more square on the edges and wider. Which tire do you plan on running?
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

Im planning on running a KM2 or a Nitto trail grappler....I read a post in the blue room of a guy running 285 KM2 on a TT with no modification at all and no rub...I don't have a lift as of yet but I want the fj to have a wider stance
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Sounds like a good tire choice either way. I'm torn between the same 2 tires. The Nitto's Trail are very heavy tire, which is good for the trail but worse on gas milage/power. I can't give you a positive on the body mount rub or not. I know the alignment can help by pushing the tires forward a tad. I say go for it and if they rub just get them chopped but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 pm

the hub centric design starts to losse its effect of centering regardless of spacer style after tire sizes start getting bigger.

I have ran 1.5" lug centric spacers from Trail Gear and now run a .25" lugcentric spacer with a 4.5" BS wheel. The only way you need the Extended thread lugnuts is if you run a lug centric spacer as the standard lugs supplies with the spacers will not engage the threads deep enough to center the spacer on teh lugs so you will get a vibration some times and not others. On a toyota I was planning on driving offroad ever I would always recomend running ET Lug Nuts on the factory wheel studs. The stud just isnt long enough for proper thread engagement with a standard lug nut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel Spacers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next