NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added

Go down 
+8
Speedrye
tbulluck
Crazy Hube
NC FJ Driver
CyberLaw
bigdogdewey2
David B
ULTIMATEcruiser
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: grey   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 pm

i think neutral colors are the way to go here...tan, khaki, grey...

again my own $.02 worth...im up to about a dollar now ...so heed my expensive words...
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 pm

yeah....i kinda like the tan (not my usual choice) or GREY.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 am

Not a big "tan" wearer but grey shades I can do
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 am

I agree on neutral colors as well. If you look in my closet you will find most of my t shirts are gray. There are some other colors in there but they do not get worn nearly as much. Tan or khaki works for me as well. Through the t shirt vendor I think I am allowed to choose 3 colors when ordering. Right now I am not sure what the 3rd color would be unless it is a darker, charcoal shade of gray.

As it stands right now I am waiting to hear back from the vendor regarding the quality of the logo. Their initial response was that the logo was of low resolution and may make for poor quality printing on the shirts. I realized I had sent them the wrong file so I quickly sent them the right one and I hope that it is higher. Bobby says it is the one they would most likely use in production anyway. I hope to hear something from them tomorrow.

The t shirt vendor also let me in on a pricing range. If I order at a minimum, 15 shirts, the price would be $12.25 per shirt. So having said that, in order to get pricing lower I need to order no less than 25 shirts. 25 shirts will get pricing around $10 per shirt which is my maximum per shirt cost. That doesn't mean I will not order them if I do not get 25 orders it just means the price will be higher than $10 per shirt. What I may do is go ahead and order a higher number of shirts and hope that they sell over time. This way it will keep the cost down and possibly help the sale of these shirts.

Now, I may go ahead and make a single shirt order to proof out the quality of these shirts if I can. I certainly don't want any surprises when these shirts come in.

However, if the vendor can guarantee me these shirts will look great I will go ahead and start an order thread no later than next Monday. David plans to make it a forum announcement as well. Most likely due to time restraints I will only hold the order for a week for the first order of shirts. My reason for this is so that I can have what I need for the Charlotte dinner/meet on February 25th.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 am

I am always down for a red shirt Wink
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 am

Maybe I'm crazy but what about putting the

"North Carolina
FJ Cruisers"

on the front breast and putting the logo on the back? I think that would look better IMO, just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 am

I am definitely in for a shirt. Jami do you know if these shirts will be tagless? I'ld personally have no problem paying the $12 something for a good quality t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am

who swayed the vote...50/50!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 am

I was wondering the same thing
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:25 am

Xx_Black-out wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy but what about putting the

"North Carolina
FJ Cruisers"

on the front breast and putting the logo on the back? I think that would look better IMO, just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Nick

I like this Nicks idea!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Poll has been deleted. I did so because I don't think it is going to sway the final decision one way or the other.

I have tossed around the idea of doing a front and back layout and since it has come up in this thread I am giving it a chance. It will raise the shirt pricing by a dollar or two but I don't think that is too bad considering what we are looking at here. Also, end pricing depends on how many shirts we get ordered.

Let me know what you think on the front layout and how you would like to see it.
I can change the text coloring and outline color or remove the outline. However, I am limited on font styles at least with the vendors software. They may have other font styles available.

I want to offer the shirts in a light gray and khaki and possibly a third color if desired but that is all I can do without a price increase.

On the hanes color chart these are listed as Sand and Light Steel.
Hanes color chart---->http://hanesprintables.com/Library/ColorChart.aspx

Front and back layout below
1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Round2design1

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Round2design1back
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I love the back of the shirt! This is what I was thinking for the front...once again, just my opinion.

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Round2design1
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:54 pm

For a third color, what about hunter green or a variation of hunter green?
Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Snowdogyyz

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Love the shirt! I'd be in for 2 shirts (XXL) in 2 different colors. I like the name on the front, logo on the back concept as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

David B wrote:
For a third color, what about hunter green or a variation of hunter green?

YES, but perhaps closer to an Toyota Army Green. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Ok, just got word from the t-shirt vendor. We are good to go on the logo.
It was brought to my attention that if we go with a single color text on the front of the shirt it will save anywhere from $1.25 to $1.75 per shirt depending on quantity ordered. Also, it was suggested to use this style font, which I like OK, and keep the lettering centered on the front of the shirt.

The back of the shirt will contain 4 colors, black, yellow, white, and whatever color the FJ is. I assume it is off white or tan but cant really tell.

To address your thoughts on a dark green shirt David & Brian, my concern with a darker shirt would be how well the logo and text shows on a darker shirt. We may need to keep to the lighter side. Take a look at the color chart and see what you think.
http://hanesprintables.com/Library/ColorChart.aspx

Here is the added text styling that was suggested. I personally like and hope you guys like it as well.

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Shirtborgfont
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I still like the smaller logo at the breast personally, but that font is okay with me. Was there any reason suggested as to why the large logo should be centered?
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 pm

sun cruiser 6.....i agree, i think the grey (or tan) would be best for the text to be easily read (our office skimped once b/c dark purple was on sale and you get a headache reading the print)
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:12 pm

No reasoning other than they felt it was more attractive than positioning it to the left and making it smaller. I guess we all hove our opinions on styling.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:34 pm

I am good with tan, personally not a fan of gray t-shirts at all. So if you are able to offer 2 choices, Tan would be my choice of the 2.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 am

I have one last frontal layout for you guys to see.
To each his own I suppose. I do like it but I am like that, I like things done differently, outside the norm I guess.

What I need to know from everyone here is which layout they like best. Layout number 1 or layout number 2. I do not mean to be pushy at all about these shirts but if I can't get more interest than what we have here then these shirts may not be produced. It will not be cost effective to order just 10-15 shirts.

I was informed earlier today that I could only do one color of t shirt and keep the cost of each shirt within reason. I can do multiple t shirt colors but each shirt will be at full price up to about 12 shirts then the price starts dropping. This was a disappointment for me but apparently I misunderstood the information I had been given.

The figures below are based on a 25 shirt minimum order.
Hanes Beefy T's with logo on the back and text on front.
(color)
Sand....25 @ $12 per shirt
Light Steel....25 @ $11 per shirt

For whatever reason the sand colored shirts cost more. I did not initially realize they only had 4 colors of t shirt that did not have a cost premium.

Now for the bad news, I suggest we go with one or the other color to
keep the cost of these shirts down. I priced 15 of the sand color
shirts and they would be in the $17-$18 range so whatever we do we need
to go with one color or we need to have two 25 shirt orders of gray and
tan in order to have color choices.

I don't mind doing this for our group but it seems with each day that passes something new comes up with these shirts.

Layout #1
1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Shirtborgfont

Layout #2
1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 NCFJToffcenterfront
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:31 am

I still like the sand color.... Smile just sayin.....I am willing to pay a little more Laughing
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 am

Which of the 2 front text layouts do you like best David?

As for shirt color I am leaning more towards sand myself.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 am

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Which of the 2 front text layouts do you like best David?

As for shirt color I am leaning more towards sand myself.

As far as layouts go, I like layout 1! Awesome work Jami !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 am

I like layout #1 the best. I would buy one of each color offered in this layout. If there is to be only one color my vote would be for the sand color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added   1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st edition NCFJ Cruisers T-shirt....pictures added
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next