Share | 

Gobi Ladder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Gobi Ladder   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

I think I want to add a Gobi Ladder to the FJ...anyone have one for sell? Anyone have one and love it? Can you really use it?

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

I had one for about a year and sold it about a 2 weeks ago. It is rated for 200lbs so most can use it. I found that once I got my All Pro rock rails I never even thought about it. And the reason I ended up getting rid of it was because I wanted to be able to open my rear window for ventilation. If you use your rear window at all, that capability is gone with a ladder.

My $.02
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 am

Ah...did not think of that. I have a 3"-4" hook thingy that I put on my rear window so I can open it enough for ventilation for my dog. But I don't usually open it all the way. Do you think I would still be able to open it that far?

Curious, how much you sell it for? Anyone we know?

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 am

totald wrote:
I had one for about a year and sold it about a 2 weeks ago. It is rated for 200lbs so most can use it. I found that once I got my All Pro rock rails I never even thought about it. And the reason I ended up getting rid of it was because I wanted to be able to open my rear window for ventilation. If you use your rear window at all, that capability is gone with a ladder.

My $.02

I had not heard that before...That is very good information to know, thx!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am

I use this. The large end fits directly into the latch on the door and the other end connects to the "loop" on the glass. I have plasti-dipped it more so it does not rattle. Works great and the dog can now get air but not escape.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't remember exactly how much you could open it but I am pretty sure it wasn't more than 2 inches. I took a shot in the dark and asked $175 in the blue room and a few people dove on it. I was trying to start high so I could get between $125 and $150. They are only $200 new. They show up on the blue room every so often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Saw on the Blue Room that the distance is 1 3/4" glass to ladder...not very much. I may have to reconsider.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

It definitely looks cool, but it is a significant sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gobi Ladder   

Back to top Go down

Gobi Ladder
Page 1 of 1