NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NRAFJ
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Empty
PostSubject: SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready   SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

SOLD

Hi All. I sold the FJ pretty quickly. It's headed to a good home in Virginia.

If any of you good folks from Raleigh ever need a co-pilot on a trail run, please send me a PM. Even though I no longer have an FJ, offroading definitely gets in your blood and I'd love to be part of the experience now & again.

Hi NCFJ Folks,

I'm new to the forum but unfortunately, I've signed up for the purpose of selling my truck. I hope that's OK with you good folks. This would be a great vehicle for someone interested in getting into the FJ off-roading world. I've equipped it nicely with pretty much everything you need to hit the trails (there's always more to do, but that's half the fun!).

I have a detailed description with pictures on the blue forum (link below), and re-posted the details further down.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/140721-2008-tt-fj-wake-forest.html

66,000 miles - 95% highway
$23,000 (KBB Very Good Condition = $23,720)
BRAND NEW BFG 265/75R16 TA KO TIRES!!!

PM me for any further details. I promise to reply quickly!

MODS (~$4,000)
4-Piece Bud Built Skids (no gas tank skid) - Note that the rear OEM skid is still in place as well.
Rare, great looking, heavy duty Road Armor bumper with bull bar, PIAA 510 fogs installed
Toytec 3" lift (OME 885's front + Toytec rear springs)
WARN M8000 winch with power inturrupt kit wired to inside switch and engine bay-mounted controller
Front windows tinted (legal) + windshield 'strip'
Trail Teams 'Badge' (...not much of a mod but it's still pretty cool IMHO)

These pictures are a couple years old. The truck still looks gorgeous, but as you can imagine after another 30,000 miles it's got a few more small blemishes. I'm more than happy to post more recent pictures on request. Note that I no longer have the "FJ" lights on the bull bar.

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready LLR_Clean_B

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready FlagpoleLLRatthetop1

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready _DSC5732_cropped

STANDARD TT FEATURES (INTERIOR):
Multi-information display, All Weather Mats/Cargo Mat (5 piece set), Special Edition shift knob and transfer case lever, Remote keyless entry, Cruise control, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, Exterior color-keyed door trim inserts and instrument panel AM/FM 6-disc CD changer with MP3/WMA playback capability with nine speakers, 115V, 400W power outlet.

STANDARD TT FEATURES (EXTERIOR):
Matte black rear bumper, mirrors and door handles, Differential lock and A-TRAC, Rock Rails, Trail Teams Special Edition TRD Performance Exhaust System, 16-in. TRD alloy wheels with matte black powder-coated finish, Power outside mirrors with markers Rear privacy glass, Rear wiper, Rear parking sonar, Daytime Running Lights

DEALER ADDITIONS:
Towing hitch (used only for a bike rack holder, never to tow a trailer) - this is the correct hitch for use with the TT rear skid - not the SE Distributor hitch.

OTHER ITEMS TO BE SOLD BY PIECE OR AS A PACKAGE WITH THE TRUCK
Original front skid plate (slightly scratched) - $40
Original plastic bumper with install hardware - $125
Hi-Lift Jack with cover & base (like new) - $65
Coupling for the 'Diff Breather Mod" - Free with truck if you promise to use it.

OTHER:
This truck has been off road and provided some awesome fun! It has NOT been off road in the last 2 years however, which is one reason I'm selling it. This vehicle WANTS to go off road! I'm a conservative off-roader and have taken things slow & easy. One of my first off-road trips was with the Trail Teams guys so I got a great overview of the realistic limits of the FJ from early on and haven't pushed it. I'm disclosing the below because I want the buyer of this truck to be 100% thrilled with their purchase:

There is a small dent in the hood from my canoe bumping into it. The dent is inconspicuous on the white paint looking straight on. I got an estimate to have it removed by Dent Wizard for $275 but still haven't gotten around to it. I've also cracked the passenger-side mirror when I got a little too close to the garage door frame. Mirror still works fine.

A couple of my beautiful black TRD wheels have some scrapes. I personally think it looks good like this, but some may think otherwise. The wheels all balance just fine, they just don't look pristine. In fact, when I put new tires on it in Jan 2012, I had the alignment trued and everything rebalanced (including the spare) with no problems. I'm still surprised how much of a pleasure it is to drive this vehicle, even with the heavier springs and LT tires.

The skids and rock rails have done their jobs and tooks some mild scrapes. They have thier full lives ahead of them...they are fully functional and there are no visible scrapes from the outside...but again if you're lying under the truck, you will notice the mild usage. I re-tightened all of the bolts in Jan 2012 and inspected these components closely and am happy to report the rock rails and Bud Built skids are ready to hit the trails!

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready 2008_07JUL26URELLR-4

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC02695Medium

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC02849Large

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC02788

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC00015

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC00019

SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready DSC00022

Last edited by David B on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:11 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Truck Sold)
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready   SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you are selling...that is a great looking truck! I also live in Wake Forest ad I noticed the NRCA Knight on the rear door! What are you looking to replace the FJ with? (please don't say j**p... Smile )

Once again, welcome! And good luck with your sale!

David
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
NRAFJ
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready   SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi David,

Thanks very much. Definitely not looking to replace the FJ with a J**p. Smile

Just looking for something that is a little easier on gas and more appropriate for a 50+ mile/per day commute. I'd very much like to see this truck go to a local that will take it on some trail rides and post some pictures now & then.

Brent
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready   SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Awesome looking rig. That was my first choice when I started looking for FJ's because it was the first one I had seen that was all one color. At the the time, that was my only stipulation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready   SOLD! - 2008  Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLD! - 2008 Trail Teams in Wake Forest - Trail Ready
Page 1 of 1