NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

camping equipment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 pm

just curious as to what folks thoughts are on the subject. I personally would like to get more into camping and spending more time outside and "living" more simply when on trips. Dont get me wrong i love a good comfy bed and a hot shower when im away from home as i know Angie would be in favor of them also. I would like to know what people who camp take with them, how they pack what they take with them, cooking, sleeping, and personal hygiene. Also does anyone have a RTT (roof top tent), how they like it. What about off road trailers? does anyone use one would they use them? Id like to hear all that i can on the subject. Maybe David if you read this would you start a new section specific to camping and off grid living??

Ive looked at roof top tents, their construction, and costs and pros and cons. Ive also looked at off road trailers their construction, costs (which to me are outrageous) pros and cons.
Back to top Go down

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

I am interested in this too. I like the idea of Overlanding, but there just seems to be very little place to do that on the east coast. A national or regional group had a convention near Asheville this year, but I wasn't available to go.

I came across this on eBay and made an impulse offer. They declined my offer of $1600 Smile I know it is JEEP, but I liked the simple design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270877383507&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT#ht_500wt_1182
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Mike we do currently have a camping section:

http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/c10-the-campground

If I need to add another topic, just end me a PM and I will add to that section. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: the campground   camping equipment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 pm

David....i feel like a complete idiot...i have no idea why or how i missed that whole section...if you want i guess you can move this topic to there...im good with that...and again..im osrry i missed that...WOW!!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
David....i feel like a complete idiot...i have no idea why or how i missed that whole section...if you want i guess you can move this topic to there...I'm good with that...and again..I'm sorry i missed that...WOW!!

No worries! Smile I moved it!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:03 am

I haven't been camping for awhile but my family really enjoys it when we do. WE should organize a caping trip before it get too hot this spring.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Totald    camping equipment Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:45 am

i totally agree with a camping trip before it gets too hot and muggy...it would be a good time if we could get a nice group together for that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

camping equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: camping equipment   camping equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

camping equipment
Page 1 of 1