NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A good deed from a gracious winner......

Go down 
+3
totald
CarolinaCruiser15
David B
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

A good deed from a gracious winner...... Empty
PostSubject: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Well, as you all know, the Blue Room photo contest for December is over. And my pic came in second place to an amazing photo by blueroom member lostsoul4438. When we all saw his pic, we knew it was going to be, at best, tough to beat him. With your support, we ran a close race and I wish to thank you all. We lost 22-29 with third place getting only 3 total votes.

The prize offered by the blueroom for the photo contest is a lifetime membership to the fjcruiserforums.com site. As it turns out, lostsoul4438 already has a lifetime membership and when presented with the award, he graciously passed it on to me with this comment on the forum:

- "I got to give it up to PA-NC's photo, though. I love his picture and I think the vote could have gone either way."

I was also greeted this afternoon with the following PM from a blueroom admin:

- "Heads up, lostsoul4438 won this month's ride of the month but already has a lifetime membership. He asked that the prize be transferred to you. Enjoy the lifetime membership status!"

I replied with a thank you post and a PM directly to lostsoul4438. I wanted to mention this because a good deed should not go unnoticed. I truly appreciate that kind of generosity.

cheers

Last edited by David B on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:29 am

That's awesome. What a nice guy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 am

Very nice! You're a second place winner!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am

totald wrote:
Very nice! You're a second place winner!

I'll take it....lostsoul had an impossible to beat photo......
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 am

What a great gesture, kudos to lostsoul and congratulations to you! The level of competition was a testiment to how good BOTH pics were.

Last edited by NC FJ Driver on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: great   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:29 pm

awesome gesture , really a great thing to do...but it begs to wonder if the "prize" is a lifetime membership why would someone with a lifrtime membership enter thcontest...maybe there was just some confusion on the blue rooms rules..no biggie

but again David, congrats and that really was a wonderful gesture...and im jealous....LOl...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 pm

I thought I would share the awesome response that lostsoul4438 posted in response to my thank you PM:

"No worries, man. It was a fun one, for sure. In the back of my mind, I hoped that your NCFJ peeps would pull together and rally, but the holidays played a role. Your picture is great and reminds me of the year and a half that I spend on the road with the FJ...miss those days. I like the way the road shoots off in the distance, like a ramp.

I like the group support and hated that GA was never able to get something going. I was lucky and ran across many groups while on the road. I hope to ride with you guys at some point. I am excited to know that you guys are up there and running strong. (I dig the NCFJ page, by the way)

I should be back for a quick R&R in May, so maybe I'll ping you guys before rolling in country to see about a quick trail ride in your neck of the woods."

- lostsoul4438
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Very cool!!!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Definitely sounds like a cool guy.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Be great if he could make it to the spring truck show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:17 pm

Good deal. Its good to know the admins will let you do that. I have a membership, but I still like to participate in the contests. This way I don't have to feel like forfeiting a prize. (should I ever win)
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 am

That is a great thing to hear. Congratulations David! Oh, and what's up with all you guys having sick animated FJ avatars all of a sudden? They look great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am

Dano wrote:
Oh, and what's up with all you guys having sick animated FJ avatars all of a sudden? They look great!

That is just how we electronically roll!

There is a thread in the blue room where the OP is creating these. He has also been kind enough to do some more custom avatars for those with more mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good deed from a gracious winner......   A good deed from a gracious winner...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A good deed from a gracious winner......
Page 1 of 1