Go down 
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 pm

I was there the weekend they were at Tellico... It was retarded how many people that had on the trails getting those trucks up the trail. They also beat the hell out of the body panels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:06 am

Heather and I wheeled with the Trail Teams on several occasions, at Tellico, COal Creek and Harlan. We made friends of several of the members and enjoyed times on the trail and around the camp fire with them.

We were married at the summit of trail #15 at Harlan during the TTORA Takeover in 08 and two groups of the Trail Teams were there. They gave us tow of every piece of sawg they had as wedding gifts.

We had fun driving their rigs with the "drive em like you stole em" attitude. Here is a photo of Heather driving on the the Trail Teams Tacomas. She had the Trail Teams guy riding shotgun holding on for dear life.

This is Heather and I climbing American Knob at Coal Creek, Woody from the Trail Teams (he also owns IH8MUD) was doing the spotting

Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 am

I was at tellico when the trails team was there but in an explorer group... we played avoid the toyotas all day cause they were moving a little slower than we wanted to moved due to the group size I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:16 am

crogers6569 wrote:
I was there the weekend they were at Tellico... It was retarded how many people that had on the trails getting those trucks up the trail. They also beat the hell out of the body panels.

LOL FJCs are fat and heavy, if you wheel them hard you simply can not avoid body damage. When I did the body work on mine and had it painted only the hood and driver's front fender had no damage. The price you pay for taking an FJC up class 4 trails at Tellico, Coal Creek and Harlan and Black trails at Raush Creek. I would not trade a minute of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

Pretty cool
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am

that is an exciting video....amazing at the marketing that went into that project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:48 am

That video should be saved by every FJ owner. WHen you go to the dealer for warranty work and they deny you for taking it off road, show them the video.

When I sheared off the output shaft from the transfer case they originally denied me. I went to Toyota National in CA and pointed out that evey single piece of advertising done for the FJC was off road. I also pointed out the Trail Teams and that I had wheeled with them on several occasions. Granted, my rig was pretty thrashed at that point, lots of bent sheet metal, beat up bumpers and slider, Bud Skids that were beat to hell.

They replaced my transfer case, driveshaft and rear 3rd member!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 pm

That is a phenomenal video. That makes me so excited to know that I have that vehicle, which in turn scares the heck out of my wife. I already make random turns down roads while we are driving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 am

Great Vid, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?   

Back to top Go down

Remember thee Toyota Trail Team(s)?
Page 1 of 1