NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotting......In general....

Go down 
+7
Auto Solutions
Speedrye
totald
crogers6569
tbulluck
Scottydog
David B
11 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Spotting......In general.... Empty
PostSubject: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 pm

You know, I have seen ALOT of FJs in the Triangle area, particularly Raleigh and Cary, over the past few months....I also have been leaving cards as well....I tuck them in between the window seal and drivers side window....and yet I rarely see people from this area join the forum....I guess not everyone is as enthusiastic as we are?

Rolling Eyes Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I saw the same guy yesterday 4 times over the course of an hour. I don't think he EVER waved back.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:58 pm

I always waive, even when I am not in my fj....

I remember an article in VetteViewsmag, about "Save the Wave" people are loosing that commendatory now, people have no respect for their fellow man or their fellow vehicle owner.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm

I chased down a FJ on the trail today and talked to him for a while... Maybe we will have a new member from him.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

There are just a lot of people that buy vehicles because they are trendy and they have no intention of using them for what they were made for.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
I chased down a FJ on the trail today and talked to him for a while... Maybe we will have a new member from him.

You chased him down?? Haha, he was parked. You did good mentioning the forum though since he was certainly interested in modifying his FJ. I'm sure it was good for him to see what other FJs could do as well.

I almost always get a wave from modified FJs. Often I get waves from other modified Toyota trucks and the occasional Jeep too. I've seen several modified FJs around the Kernersville and Mayodan areas in the past week that I've never seen before.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 pm

he wasnt parked till i caught up... lol he probably thought i was insane
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm

LOL I was wondering why you took off so fast. Well faster than normal lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:06 pm

That explains a lot. I saw him up ahead a ways and by the time we caught up, you guys were pulled off talking.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Damn! If we are going to recruit people like this we need some NCFJ Patrol Lights and sirens.

FREEZE! Show me your mods!
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:51 pm

And there I was bringing up the tail end. Everyone was out talking to these guys when we got there, We thought they were from the forum & may have been looking for us. What are the odds of finding another FJ on a week day out there. When we left Kodak rock the driver asked me again wha the forum name was. I think he will show up here. Always great to add to the roster!!!

Spotting......In general.... NCFJUwharrie4X4Dec142011186
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Very nice. There is some serious recruiting going on.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:02 pm

I believe their names were Ryan and Matt if I recall... And yes, that is the proper way to recruit.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:54 am

Too funny, I thought this was an instructional thread about "spotting" for a driver! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 am

I spotted a nice looking TAN trail teams today while I was in wake forest
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am

I always wave to the many FJ's one can spot on any given day here in Wilmington. I would say I get about a 40% to 50% wave back. I have noticed the women don't typically wave but the guys do. With that being said there are mostly women FJ drivers here in town. I do occasionally see some heavily modified rigs coming through town and can never pursue because I am heading somewhere.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 pm

I waved at about 4 today driving back and forth around the OBX and got none back.
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Stuck up drivers
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Many times it is. They bought their mall crawlers because they are cute. They don't realize why they were built.
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Most do not understand they are even built in only japan either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 am

Scottydog wrote:
I saw the same guy yesterday 4 times over the course of an hour. I don't think he EVER waved back.

The forth wave should have been the "other" wave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 am

Nicole had to drive the FJ during the holidays as I followed her and she passed two FJ's and one actually waved and the other didn't. She's so oblivious while driving (second story coming below) that she didn't wave at either. When we got home I said you can't be an "FJ Snob" while driving my FJ. She said "I knew you were going to say something about me not waving but I saw him to late". I said there were TWO. lol!

Second Story
Why is she oblivious? About two or three months ago I was at the Wilco just up from the neighborhood and I was waiting to pull out... (visualize a huge open driveway and a WHITE FJ sitting all by itself waiting to get out) She was about 3 cars back from the first ***hole that didn't let me out and she was the third (***hole)... she even looked affraid RIGHT at me!

Now that I think about it I wonder if she's really that oblivious?!?!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 am

paulwardinc wrote:
Scottydog wrote:

The forth wave should have been the "other, you're number one" wave.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:47 am

It's almost not even worth the effort. Around here if it is not modded I don't even try.
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 am

Wow guys I cannot tell you how many I saw over the holidays on the road to Indiana and back. Flash the lights to waving . Nothing in return. I tell you there are some snobs that drives the FJ. Now when I drove a 1965 VW van I could not keep my hand up long enough for someone waving all the time. So I say we need to MOD our FJ';s to look like an old VW bus what do you say guys ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotting......In general....   Spotting......In general.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotting......In general....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Center Stage :: Spotted......The place for the "Virtual FJ Wave"....-
Jump to: