NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrenching Days Ahead

Go down 
+14
crogers6569
Scottydog
tbulluck
totald
CarolinaCruiser15
85runner
Crazy Hube
adam78james
lrgrnr
bigdogdewey2
Speedrye
Orange Boxx
David B
unvmyfj
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Wrenching Days Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I am thinking of hosting some wrenching days in my warehouse. The idea thanks to Jason Stanley is that we come up with a list of people with projects and pick one or a few depending on the projects and get together and get it done. I need to know who is interested in helping on a Saturday, what Saturdays, and who has what projects. I think this is a great way to help each other get some stuff done. We all have different levels of skill sets to help where others might not be as strong.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 pm

unvmyfj wrote:
I am thinking of hosting some wrenching days in my warehouse. The idea thanks to Jason Stanley is that we come up with a list of people with projects and pick one or a few depending on the projects and get together and get it done. I need to know who is interested in helping on a Saturday, what Saturdays, and who has what projects. I think this is a great way to help each other get some stuff done. We all have different levels of skill sets to help where others might not be as strong.

Email sent to all members concerning this awesome invitation!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Woot !
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:56 am

Location of warehouse?
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:09 pm

We are near Westgate Jeep and the Angus Barn in Raleigh on Westgate Rd. I have pretty much anything here tool wise to do just about anything except for a vehicle lift (jacks and jack stands though). I even have a welder and can help with this if anyone needs.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: id be very interested in doing this...   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:12 pm

i think that this sounds like a great idea...get some work done and enjoy the camaraderie...i dont see monster projects getting done, but i do see a bunch of little jobs getting done and i mean by monster like building sliders or bumpers in a day...could happen but either way the time together would be fun in itself...

i would love to help out on anything that anybody is looking at doing...sounds like a great time
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:24 pm

A tubing bender is one thing I do not have. Large stuff like that would be able to be done but over many weeks. Not sure if people would want to take that long to do it. Heavy 2 or 3 people type jobs like bumper and rack installs would be ideal and probably more than 1 could be done in the same day. I can fit up to 4 FJ's in the shop with only taking out a few of our work trucks and trailers. Maybe one day of a bunch of electrical stuff on several different FJ's. Body mount chops would be great. With winter coming it is nice to do stuff inside. I have no idea which way this will go, I am only putting it out there for everyone.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah, even if I have nothing to do, would be cool to hang out !
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

I agree. I really enjoy tinkering around anyway. I was in the back today putting a trailer brake controller on my new to me Tundra. Nothing major at all but really nice to not be in the chilly wind while doing it and all the tools close by.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: tubing bender   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:50 pm

well i have a tubing bender ...not a harbor freight one but a pro tools mb105...only issue i have is that i only have a 1 1/2" die...so not too much range there...not worth it for someone to buy a different die just for them...as they would be stuck with it..lol...just a thought though..
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 pm

List your tasks, even if it is not something you need help with. This is about getting together and getting stuff done and having a good time doing it. I cannot be the only one. Christmas is coming who is getting or already has some goodies? Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: what day?   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 pm

unv what day or days are you looking at doig this? im pretty sure that i can be there to help out with anything. i may not have a "project" of my own but i really would like to help out in any way that i can....so you can pretty much write me in...
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Pretty much any Saturday. We need some projects besides mine first. I do not feel right doing my own before anyone else. I am not trying to start this for me. If anyone would like my email is andy.onofrio@gmail.com cell 919-796-1197. I work almost every Saturday here at the shop like I am right now. It makes it easier to get caught up when the phones are not ringing off the hook.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: what kind of welder   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:43 pm

what kind of welder do u have down there? flux core or mig or stick? reason i ask is that when i do my body mount chop i would like to fill the space back up...i have a welder but as of right now im not able to do anything with it as i need a new 220volt plug...that and im too lazy to clean the barn out...LOL
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 pm

It is a Hobart 140 Mig welder. It is easy enough for us to run on job sites with a simple 20a circuit from a genny. Nothing really heavy duty. It does up to 1/4" in a single pass if I am not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: plenty   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 pm

plenty of power then to weld in a piece of filler metal on the body mount...
Back to top Go down
unvmyfj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Yep. Maybe we could do both in the same day. I have heard that it takes about 1 hour per side once you have done one. I bet the first side takes 3. LOL
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: lol   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 pm

im gonna probably do the cut at my house ...dont need 220volts to run a ziz wheel...LOL...just need to be able to weld it back in place...
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I could use a bender with 1 3/4" dies........I need a toooob bed!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: dies   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 pm

portools dies for the 1 3/4" are 310 and 340 depending on the radius...im probably gonna buy a 1 3/4" dies but not for a while...not til i need it....
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:44 pm

it's cool, I got a good friend with a protools bender and 1 3/4" dies..........i also have the JD2 series 3 manual bender but too cheap to buy dies.
Back to top Go down
adam78james
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:13 pm

I was looking to change out my stock uca's and weld on some spindle gussett's on an extra pair spindle's i have and also install.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: ucas   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:25 am

sounds awesome..would love to help with the uca install...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 am

Oh wow this is right in my area, I would be willing to come out and wrench
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm guessing there's no paint booth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrenching Days Ahead   Wrenching Days Ahead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrenching Days Ahead
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next