NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RC Rock Crawlers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Anyone do this type of stuff?
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 pm

did... it got boring quick. Sold all my stuff and moved on to the real thing. Much more fun and satisfying
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 pm

I have a Traxxas E-Maxx. Sometimes I like to pretend its a rock crawler, but all I get is 4 wheel spin. I need a gear reducer or something. The Traxxas Summit is bad to the bone, 4wd, remote activated front and rear lockers, pricey though.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 am

There is a retention pond across the street from my house and it NEVER holds water. There are all types of rocks and obstacles it's just calling my name for my full size to go through there but the neighbors would flip out so I guess the only way I'll do it is RC style. Anyway I'm looking at the Axial SCX10 and am planning to put a FJ40 body on it

Here's the link to the axial website for the base model I'm looking at - http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10-tr/index.html

Here's an example of the way it would look with the FJ40 body mounted;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igh5yAWI4ts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DMpRDw6qd8
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 am

I bit the bullet and bought one of these today...
RC Rock Crawlers Mini-dsc_0525

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10-tr/index.html

It should be here by the end of next week!!!! I've been wanting one for a long time!

I plan to switch out the body for an FJ40 or if I can find one a current model FJ Cruiser.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 am

This might have to go on my Christmas list.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Where did you buy from?
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:56 pm

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/mobile/default.aspx#P4600

This particular one is discontinued from Axial. Kim who is a guy there told me that was his last 1 but later on when he acted like he had more of them or could get them. If not you can find them on amazon.com or some other places.

I wanted this 1 particularly because of the wheelbase it will fit under the tamiya FJ40 perfectly... or at least it appears to. It has a 11.5 wheelbase there are others that are 12.5 that may even be nicer because they are newer.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:52 pm

My E-Maxx with new front and rear lockers. First test
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I have a T-MAXX I have been looking to sell. I need to put it in the for sale area. I anyone or anyone you know is interested let me know.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

I used to have a T-Maxx they are cool, but I like the low speed rock crawlin type stuff more. Good lord are they fast, and I love the smell of a nitro
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 am

The smell is addicting!! Fast for sure. Mine is the 2.5R.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:05 am

I think mine was too, I got it running really nice too, just tap the electric start and it would idle all day long, provided it had fuel. Which is unusual because nitros are usually a pain for me. Which is why I switched to electric, but I hate battery life.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:51 pm

totald wrote:
I have a T-MAXX I have been looking to sell. I need to put it in the for sale area. I anyone or anyone you know is interested let me know.

Let me know what you're looking for? I assume it got everything ready to go? Complete RTR Truck, Starter and Controller (and any other goodies)?
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm hoping to have my Axial converted to a FJ40 Land Cruiser or FJ Cruiser Body by the Spring Show.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am

Paul, I am not sure if you have read the PM's I sent you. I put some info and some pics and a video together to give you an idea of what I have.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 am

Yeah! I've been slammed at work lately but I did see all the pictures and info. It's more than I want to spend at this time. Not that's it's not worth what you're asking. Maybe I'll catch up with you down the road on it.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 am

Ok, no problem. I would probably go $250 if that helps.
Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Let me get through Christmas and I'll let you know. Don't hold it if you have other interested parties.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RC Rock Crawlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC Rock Crawlers   RC Rock Crawlers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC Rock Crawlers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: