Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Empty
PostSubject: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:01 am

So far I am very impressed. The install was simple as it could be and came with great instructions. Major kudos to the guys that put this kit together at Overland Warehouse.

My front carries the weight of my bumper/winch perfect and the ride is only a tad stiffer than stock. The only time I really notice it being stiffer is when I go over the speed 'humps' at work. Also, if I have to brake hard my front end doesn't droop like it used to... I did install aftermarket UCA's when I put the lift on (Camburg). I'm not sure this was necessary, but the majority suggest it due to alignment issues with stock UCA's after lifting.

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse 2011-10-22172150-1

I just ordered a Warn rear bumper, so we'll see how the rear handles the extra weight. I don't expect any problems though Very Happy .

Hopefully I'll get to test the suspension this weekend on a trail run. I'll try to get some good pictures also...

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse 2011-11-02074207-1

**updated below**

Last edited by Xx_Black-out on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks for the feed back on this set up. I likey Very Happy

How are you liking the Trail Grapplers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Darklight wrote:

I'm still on the fence. I aired down to ~15lb for a run and never lost confidence on the trail.

They seem to eat anything I can give them. We went through some nasty, thick mud and they cleared out really nice and quick...so that is a plus. I'm a hardcore believer in BFG tires, but these seem to be doing great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
Darklight wrote:

I'm still on the fence. I aired down to ~15lb for a run and never lost confidence on the trail.

They seem to eat anything I can give them. We went through some nasty, thick mud and they cleared out really nice and quick...so that is a plus. I'm a hardcore believer in BFG tires, but these seem to be doing great.

Nice looking rig! Random question, whats the "driver mod" thats in your signature?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Good question. It must be a good one if it deserves its own smiley in the signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 am

generally driver mod refers to experience in driving or a totally nuts driver that doesnt care about a little damage or denting while wheeling.

Its the main reason equally equipped trucks on a trail handle diffferently.

Its also the reason I tell everyone i wheel with that if they are patient and listen closely I can spot them through almost any trail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:46 am

Very cool. I am more along the lines of go for it and see what happens. Mine is a daily driver but nothing says it has to look pretty doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 am

crogers pretty much nailed it.

Anyone can mod their vehicle...but not everyone knows how to use it!

I used to give my buddy hell back when we were into drag racing. He was constantly modding his car and eventually got over 700HP, but he couldn't beat anyone at the track. He forgot the most important mod....the driver mod jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Definitely true. I will be the first to admit I am no pro but I will try anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I saw some cool pictures of your rig over on the Blue room. You should start a build thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Darklight wrote:
I saw some cool pictures of your rig over on the Blue room. You should start a build thread!

I've been thinking about it Suspect

...kinda want to get some more pictures before I jump in with both feet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 am

February 2, 2012 - Update:

Finally had a chance to take the FJ on rougher terrain and it did superb! Plenty of flex while still providing confidence.

Also, I removed the front sway bar during the install with intentions of putting it back on later. After driving around on road and off road, I don't think it needs the sway bar. It handled great off road and believe it or not, it eats up the curves on the road with VERY minimal body roll.

Personally, I don't even think these photos are worth sharing but they're all I have for mild "articulation shots" right now...lol

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse HC8

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse HC21

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse DSC02351

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:18 am

Looks like fun to me!

Glad to hear you like your suspension. This set up is at the top of my wish list. Also, good to know about the sway bar delete for daily use. I usually remove mine for off road trips and tend to keep it off for a week or 2 but with the stock set up it takes some getting use to. With the OW Radflo set up i'm sure it rides just fine Smile . Maybe i can ride in your rig one day to see the differance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 am

Darklight wrote:
Looks like fun to me!

Glad to hear you like your suspension. This set up is at the top of my wish list. Also, good to know about the sway bar delete for daily use. I usually remove mine for off road trips and tend to keep it off for a week or 2 but with the stock set up it takes some getting use to. With the OW Radflo set up i'm sure it rides just fine Smile . Maybe i can ride in your rig one day to see the differance?

Whoa chief, not on the first date! Haha jk man. You're welcome to ride or drive it sometime pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Xx_Black-out wrote:
Darklight wrote:
Looks like fun to me!

Whoa chief, not on the first date! Haha jk man. You're welcome to ride or drive it sometime pirat

Aww shucks,,, thanks. I'll look forward to it now Smile . Did you do the install yourself? I was planning on doing my install when the time comes . Hopefully this year I can put a lift on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Darklight wrote:
Xx_Black-out wrote:
Darklight wrote:
Looks like fun to me!

Aww shucks,,, thanks. I'll look forward to it now Smile . Did you do the install yourself? I was planning on doing my install when the time comes . Hopefully this year I can put a lift on.

Yeah, I did the rear lift by myself one afternoon. I had to get an extra set of hands to help me with parts of the front lift.

Overall, it was fairly easy due to the great instructions. The rear surprised me and took longer than expected though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 pm

DO you have a good side profile shot of your rig? I am looking into getting this set up but I really prefer to have a little rake still instead of the leveled look. I might look into the Allpro 3.5" rear coils and get the OW radflo 2.5" coilovers and shocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Darklight wrote:
DO you have a good side profile shot of your rig? I am looking into getting this set up but I really prefer to have a little rake still instead of the leveled look. I might look into the Allpro 3.5" rear coils and get the OW radflo 2.5" coilovers and shocks

It actually does have a slight rake to the front. I think it's due to the front bumper/winch but I'm not sure.

I'll see if I have a picture handy..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Here is the best side profile I have right now... You can tell the front has a little less fender gap than the rear.

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse IMG_4318
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Nice shot Nick. Where is that??
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 pm

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
Nice shot Nick. Where is that??

Hurricane Creek Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 pm

I thought that looked familiar! I went a while back. One of our members, Flushead lives out there and we stayed with him for the weekend. Awesome trail, a little bit of everything.

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse 2011-08-06_17-41-00_381
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Nice! I'd love to go back with some more people. I was the only vehicle, so I had to take it easy...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Haha yeah I bet. Some spots were a bit shaky. It was me, Flushead in his FJ, his son in a Heep and John Desmond (from Raleigh) in his Heep. Would be awesome with more FJs and Flushead has given NCFJ an open invitation to come back.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 am

Right now I am torn between OW Radflo or Icon pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse   Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radflo 2.5 Suspension System - from Overland Warehouse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next