NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!

Go down 
+2
bigdogdewey2
Orange Boxx
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Empty
PostSubject: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm

I bought my FJ in March of this year and, of course, have been in love ever since! It proved to be quite a task to find an FJ for what I wanted to pay, with what I wanted on it. In fact, it seemed as though I was looking for a mystical creation that didn't exist. When I did find one that was close to what I wanted I jumped on it. Honestly because I was so effin sick of car shopping and dealing with dealerships from hell (see the Eastern NC dealer thread for my feelings on my neighborhood Toyota dealership Evil or Very Mad). I ended up with a 2007 6 speed manual full time 4x4 with 32,000 miles on it. The previous owner installed (and did a good job according to my honey) a 10' kicker subwoofer and amplifier and a sweet Pioneer AVIC7110BT. There is also a backup camera that she installed as well. I wish I had a hitch there instead though. I don't have anything to tow, but I would like the option! Smile

The only mod I have done was to purchase an OEM roof rack with a Baja drop in from a fellow NCFJ member! (Thanks Rolando!) Also put some stickers on there, a couple band stickers, and my favorite college football team (GO DAWGS). But I have just ordered my first two mini mods that I plan to do myself! Those stupid interior lights are useless, so I ordered some LEDs! I wanted to get pink ones, but I don't think he would ever let me hear the end of it. Plus when you think about it they aren't as practical. I also ordered several quick fists that I am going to use to secure my mag lite, which rolls around and thuds all over the place when I am driving, as well as whatever else I can find that needs securing! I am also planning on purchasing a rear door organization system and have been hoarding Molle bags for the last few weeks from my occasional trips to the military surplus store. I bought a folding shovel and a knife. I am ready for pretty much anything now! Wink Oh, and some 550 cord.

I know to a lot of you guys out there who have really bad @ss rigs this seems silly, but we all have to start somewhere! I am admittedly not into four wheeling because I have never really done it, ever actually. But I could see me liking it so I guess this is my start! I bought the FJ because we love to be outdoors and camp, hike, fish, bike... things like that. It seemed like a good vehicle for all of that and it has proven to be. I am enjoying making it my own, and maybe one day I can make it out for a trail ride and get my first taste of wheeling and love it like you all seem to! Very Happy

My list of things that I want to do include:
better looking tires and lift (I think it looks awesome! Silly reasoning to some I'm sure)
some all-weather floor mats
rear door storage device

I really enjoy learning from you guys and look forward to getting to know you better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:08 pm

I am sure the Rear P.S.D. is a great place to start . Thank you for making this your first purchase . The off roading part these guys know what they are doing. This year was my first outing with the crew. I have to tell you I am hooked ! I am sure once you get to meet the rest of us all this will come together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: gotta start somewhere   My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

sounds like you already have a good start on twhat your wanting to do with your ride...Hoarding MOLLE bags...thats funny...you sound like me...never have enough...beware...if you put a lift on your truck...YOU WILL GO FOURWHEELING>>>no ifs, ands. or buts!!

If you want any help building or installing anything and it seems too much for you and the HONEY...all you have to do is post...somehow someway someone here will be willing to help you out...

wow the previous owner didnt drive that truck at all huh?? 32k in 4 years...wow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
wow the previous owner didnt drive that truck at all huh?? 32k in 4 years...wow...

Lucky for me! I was told she was military so my assumption is that she was deployed part of the time.

I can't wait to get the rear door PSD and show it off! Smile
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 am

Ahh, another 6MT member. We're a rare bunch I've found! Good luck on the mods as they come, and if you guys love the outdoors, you'll find excuses to get offroad anytime you can.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am

I'm another 6MT. I didn't get to show it at the OBX meet. Hopefully i'll make the next one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

Awesome! Smile Hey guys!

Got my rear door PSD installed by the guys at orange boxx! Loving it! Added a quick fist or two, some hot pink duct tape (which I didn't even know existed, and had to get just because) and I am still waiting on my LEDs! Will be adding my orange boxx sticker too to support the fellas!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Maybe you guys need a brotherhood/sisterhood of the 6MT thread....? LOL
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm in^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Installed my fresh-from-China LEDs! Such an easy thing to do that even I could accomplish it... without supervision! Smile Its dark out now so I am going to go play with them! Smile
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Good job Katy! I knew you could handle it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:53 pm

For all you 6MTs out there...here you go...

http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/f56-the-brotherhood-sisterhood-of-the-6mt
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!    My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My FJ- I guess you could call it a build!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Member Builds-
Jump to: