NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camping Trip Highlights

Go down 
+2
crogers6569
NC FJ Driver
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Camping Trip Highlights Empty
PostSubject: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:07 pm

I took the family camping this weekend. My mother and sister went as well, but they stayed on another site. We camped all weekend at the Arrowhead campground in the Uwharries. We had a great time and the facilities were nice. This was the first time my wife had been tent camping in 25 years. She enjoyed herself and has already said she would go camping again. Now for a few pictures to prove it.

Pack up and ready to go. We packed light, .... well as light as you can with a pregnant wife, 14 month old child, and a old dog. I am calling the trailer my adventure trailer! (Notice the smooth driver side door panel. Before pic Sad )

Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1170
Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1173

The campsite.

Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1174
Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1175
Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1176
Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1209

Of course I did some of this. I rode with a Jeep group for most of the morning. They seemed surprised I could follow them, and kept saying, "did you get up that alright?" Truthfully some of them struggled more than my FJ.

Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1182Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1184Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1186

Got this, thanks to the bank on the Dickey Bell hill. It was during my 2nd run through Dickey Bell. Maybe should have stopped after the first.

Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1224

Met up with another fellow NCFJer and rode with his family on a few trails. Great guy with a great family!

Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1192Camping Trip Highlights DSCN1193

A great time for sure!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Awesome pics, looks like everyone, even the pooch had a good time!

The trail rash doesnt look too bad, gives your ride some "character!"

So pray tell, what is the screen name of the fellow FJ'r you rode with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:45 pm

That there is dludlow32 and tactical white FJ. Check out his beginning build on the blue room. Its pretty neat what he has done so far.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/136248-building-my-fjc-ohrv.html
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:51 pm

sorry we didnt get back up with you guys... he headed out about 45 minutes after you pulled away from camp then my CB died.

Looks like you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Awesome pics, looks like everyone, even the pooch had a good time!

The trail rash doesnt look too bad, gives your ride some "character!"

So pray tell, what is the screen name of the fellow FJ'r you rode with?

Yeah, while I never wish for ANY damage....it doesn't look too bad....this could have happened.....um.... Rolling Eyes anywhere?? Wink.....right?? scratch And if it happened, say ANYWHERE, um, I don't know, say ON road, well, heck, that is what insurance is for....

Just sayin.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:05 pm

nice thing abotu Uwharrie is that ll the trails are "roads" by definition of the insurance company and have federal road numbers. I think Dickey Bell is NC FSR 553 if im not mistaken.

I managed to get out with 0 damage this time around.... ran every trail including daniel and the hard side dickey bell. Found my magical air pressure is 16lbs and i can grip on everyting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Chad no worries, its fun to ride with someone or alone. It was the hard side of dickey bell that got me. I was riding the left bank, front kicked to the right, and leaned right into the bank for just a second. Honestly when I got to the top, I jumped out expecting much worse.

I will clean up the scratch/dent tomorrow and get a better perspective of its severity. Right now I don't think it would be worth the deductible to try to have insurance fix it. Besides I don't want to pull the insurance card out until I really bang it up. Perhaps next week!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 am

Paintless dent repair and some scratch x followed by cleaner wax followed by a hard compound wax and you wont even notice it was ever there... That looks like more of a scuff than a dent but the pictures can be deceiving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 am

I will try it, but I am unsure of how to do the paintless dent repair. My knowledge = beat it with a hammer until it looks worse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 am

Looks like a fun trip. Kind of bummed i couldn't go.

I think that should buff out Laughing
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

Agreed the scratches look like they are only in the outer clearcoat. You should be able to buff them out. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Toby is out of commission... Needs a new carb and some more suspension tweaking before he goes out again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for the consoling, but this one won't buff out. The metal was actually pushed in. Its only about 1/16", but enough. I will be alright. Chics dig scars right?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Gives it more character, lol
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Looks like a great trip!!!! Nice shot too! Sorry about the scrape... I got my first non-buffable "damage" in the form of pinstripes on Hurricane Creek a few months ago. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:45 am

crogers6569 wrote:
Paintless dent repair and some scratch x followed by cleaner wax followed by a hard compound wax and you wont even notice it was ever there... That looks like more of a scuff than a dent but the pictures can be deceiving.

Chad, I followed your prescribed process and it worked really well. No dent repair, as I do not have the means, but the scuff with the dent improved very much! I really only did a quickie job because I got home late. I am going to do a more thorough job today and give more wait time between steps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping Trip Highlights   Camping Trip Highlights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camping Trip Highlights
Page 1 of 1