NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moog Thermoplastic sway bar bushings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Moog Thermoplastic sway bar bushings Empty
PostSubject: Moog Thermoplastic sway bar bushings   Moog Thermoplastic sway bar bushings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 pm

I recently installed replacement sway bar bushings front and rear and the end link bushings. These feel more predictable in turns with less sway then stock. I did take some pic's but i followed MCL_68's write up and he did a very good job on this. This is an easy install and a nice upgrade from the stock rubber bushings. Info on these from Moog owned by Federal Mogul :

(Our advanced thermoplastic bushings absorb vibration and noise and deliver better handling and longer life, while providing the performance of urethane without the “squeak” normally associated with it. They are not affected by oils, alkalines, ozone or hydrocarbons; can withstand extreme weather conditions; can carry substantial loads; and will not discolor or crack with age.

MOOG offers a broad range of application-specific sway bar bushings as well as universal and heavy-duty bushings. All MOOG bushings are designed to meet or exceed OE specifications.)

Here is a list of part numbers. Double check but these should fit the FJ's they use the same suspension components as the 4Runner up until 2010? These are special order items. I bought mine from O'Reilly. 1 of each as they are sold in sets except for the endlinks, you only need 1 of those too. They come with the 4 bushings and washers and 1 link that you will not be using.

The front SBB is part #K80820 30mm $13.99

The rear SBB is part #K90394 19mm universal $12.99

The end link bushings are part #K6600 $8.99 (You only use the bushings and washers. They fit the stock end links perfect.)

And a link to the install, Again MCL_68 did a great job on this info so here is his write up:

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150039&postcount=313
Back to top Go down

Moog Thermoplastic sway bar bushings
Page 1 of 1