NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OBX Weekend Itinerary

Go down 
+3
ncorn38
Imperial AT-FJ
David B
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: departure time   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Me and Angie are leaving a little after 12 noon...so we should be down there between 6-7...never been that way so not familiar but GPS says 6hrs and some change to the hotel...if there is anyone leaving from the high point, GSO, WS area that are leaving around that time..lets hook up and convoy...would look awesome driving with multiple FJs in line...
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Me and Angie are leaving a little after 12 noon...so we should be down there between 6-7...never been that way so not familiar but GPS says 6hrs and some change to the hotel...if there is anyone leaving from the high point, GSO, WS area that are leaving around that time..lets hook up and convoy...would look awesome driving with multiple FJs in line...

I go there all the time. Just take I-85N/I-40E then I-40E towards Raleigh. Just on the other side of where the Durham Frwy joins back up with I-40 you should get on I-540E (It is quicker this way). At the end of I-540 you will get on 64E all the way to the OBX. Pretty much 70MPH all the way until you get past Williamston. Rocky Mount is the half way point where I usually stop and stretch. I usually make it in about 5-5 1/2 hours. I'm trying to get out of here earlier for about a 2:00 arrival.
Back to top Go down
Imperial AT-FJ
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Imperial AT-FJ

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Im staying down in Hatteras Thursday night with family (if anyone is getting there early) and driving back up to Corolla (sharing a house) Fri afternoon, might head down to Barefoot Bernie's Fri night with a crew, if the house isn't parting it up! JACUZZI PARTY! Laughing

Ill also bee in Hatteras Saturday night with family if your doing the fire call me out, or if ya pass me give a shout, on Channel 22

Other wise Ill be waiting for you guys Sunday up North at Carova Beach. And we can get lost in those trails in the woods behind the dunes!

I wont be leaving till Monday Wink

On a side note for next trip to save Cash... We are renting 3 houses with 8-10 people in each house (everyone gets there own bed room, that's how these houses are built! MY old house in Avon had 5 bed rooms with queens and 2 with bunk beds for kids), price a head is $33 total for 3 nights!!!

Last edited by Imperial AT-FJ on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Sounds great Bryan! There will be a group of us at Barefoot Bernies Fri night.

David and I were thinking about the house idea for next year.... we didnt quite get on that idea fast enough this time around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 am

The trails back in the dunes up on Carova are awesome there is alot to explore back there!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:46 pm

David- I updated the original post; Bruisers will be on channel 22.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBX Weekend Itinerary   OBX Weekend Itinerary - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBX Weekend Itinerary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2