NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm wanting to a mount a low profile LED light bar on my hood, right at the faux hood vent. Does anyone have any pics of this, or see any negatives to this placement? I'm looking at a total height of 1 1/2", so visibility wouldn't be affected.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am

Check this site out...

http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 pm

I've already got the LED light bar ordered (should be here next week) but I just hadn't seen any FJ's mounting a light bar there even though it seems like the perfect location that is high, without being on the roof ( I don't care for the light cast down on the hood/antennae) and also out of the way from too much damage.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Do a search in the blue room for "knight rider lights" or something to that effect. Someone wired up an LED bar and could change the pattern from inside the cabin. Unfortunately, theirs were red, so they really had to be careful about when they were on.

I know the Ford Raptors have them in orange as an addition to the fog lights so Im sure any color other than red or blue would be fine.

Keep us posted... sounds like a cool idea!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Well, I've drilled lots of holes in the hood for mounting, mounting bolt access and wiring... I fabricated a pair of brackets so no one can easily steal my light bar and the paint's drying on those currently. Wiring is complete with the exception of running the switch under the dash. Tomorrow or Saturday should be mounting and adjusting day and I'll post up pics of the install and some night shots as possible. I love cutting holes in things!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Speedrye wrote:
Well, I've drilled lots of holes in the hood for mounting, mounting bolt access and wiring... I fabricated a pair of brackets so no one can easily steal my light bar and the paint's drying on those currently. Wiring is complete with the exception of running the switch under the dash. Tomorrow or Saturday should be mounting and adjusting day and I'll post up pics of the install and some night shots as possible. I love cutting holes in things!

MAN!, Cannot wait for the pics!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 pm

PICS PICS PICS!!!!! Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Okay, here are some pics... I used a 10" Rigid SR series Specter LED light bar. I'd like a 20" instead, but it wasn't worth the money for the little extra light over the Specter series. I don't have pictures of the night lit up yet, but it puts out an equal amount of light to my stock high beams and 100w 700FF Hellas in the picture except that the Rigid is a much more even light. Money well spent!
Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? RIGID1
Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? RIGID2
Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? RIGID5
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:36 am

Man, that looks great! Definitely a creative way to make some extra "fog lights" with that space. Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?   Anyone seen hood mounted LED's? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen hood mounted LED's?
Page 1 of 1