NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Wire Harness

Go down 
+5
Scottydog
David B
ncorn38
cjcradier
CarolinaCruiser15
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 am

David, the newer trucks have this. The older early ones don't from what I understand. We got the short end of the stick. But it is easily fixed.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 am

cjcradier wrote:
David, the newer trucks have this. The older early ones don't from what I understand. We got the short end of the stick. But it is easily fixed.

AHHHHH.....ok, I see now
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 am

cjcradier wrote:

Well that clears up alot lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 am

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
cjcradier wrote:

Well that clears up alot lol!

Thank you Cliff!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 am

x2!!!
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 am

No prob, I can see there is a lot to share over here. Also it seems the commradre is better here than in Georgia. Its kinda dead here. Sadly. But on to greener pastures. I look forward to the projects and gatherings!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

cjcradier wrote:
No prob, I can see there is a lot to share over here. Also it seems the commradre is better here than in Georgia. Its kinda dead here. Sadly. But on to greener pastures. I look forward to the projects and gatherings!

Dead here or in Georgia? lol We are a good group here!!! Glad that you are part of the group!
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 am

Georgia. Sorry we won't be official North Carolinians. Until Monday
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 pm

I really need to get on here and read some more. There is a lot to be learned from many people. I also need to get out and play more. Sorry I missed the OBX trip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 am

totald wrote:
I really need to get on here and read some more. There is a lot to be learned from many people.

Yeah... There's always someone who's done what you you want, something like you want or at least doesn't mind helping you tear your truck up trying it!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Very true Paul!!! Me and David already had a little swapping/install experience!!!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:28 am

That turned out to be even easier than I originally thought it would be. Toyotas rock.
Back to top Go down
bluejack13
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
bluejack13

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:03 am

So looking at the OP's pic, and seeing in his sig he's got an 07, should I surmise that the 07's have the wiring and just need the button to turn off VSC? (Much like A-Trac). I'll pop my button to check first, but was wondering if anyone with an 07 has installed the button and confirmed it worked.

I did the A-Trac button addition in 5 minutes and would totally like to do this one. I hate it when I try to enjoy the FJ a little and the nanny computers kick in. Not that I"d run around with it off all the time, just for special occassions and when I need the grip.

You guys with newer models are lucky!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 am

If that is all it takes I would be down for getting a button also. Why not right?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 pm

I cant remember exactly what that harness is for. I already have the ATRAC button, as you can see in the pic. With the help of a fellow FJer, I also did the "nanny hack" so, with the flip of a switch, I can turn off the ABS and VSC; it handles much better with all that junk off IMO. I usually will turn it back on in lousy weather (rain, snow, etc).

Dave, getting the button sounds easier than it is. lol. Dealership sells them for around $50 I think and eBay wasnt any better.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I have been wanting to do that ABS/VSC hack for a while and I think you just made up my mind Rolando. I really want to do some sick burn outs when my tires are worn out. Who has the dish soap and a video camera? Ha
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 pm

hahaha nice!!! Flsuhead did some crazy burnouts at OBX. It was pretty hilarious. Sadly though, no one caught it on film.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Well I plan on fixing that if no one beats me to it!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Rolando, is the info for the "nanny hack" in the blue room?
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:44 am

To answer your question totaled there is a hack or rather a switch bypass in the blue room under, 4x4/off-road tech, labeled ""no cut" VSC disabling switch". I just did an advanced search of "nanny hack" under 4x4/off-road tech and it popped up for me. I'm not sure if this is what Rolando used but I am considering it because it seems easy and I don't have to cut my harness or buy a $50 switch. Hope this helps! Hey by the way, did you win the photo contest?
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:45 am

Sorry I spelled your handle wrong Totald. I hate it when that happens!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 am

Dano wrote:
Well I plan on fixing that if no one beats me to it!

Count me in!!!!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 am

No problem on the spelling dano, it is spelled wrong anyway. It was supposed to be my license plate but after picking the screen name I found out totald was already taken in Alaska for a plate so I went with wreckd.

Thanks for checking the blue room for that hack. I didn't even try searching anything last night. It was bed time.

As far as I know I won the photo contest but I have yet to be contacted for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Dano wrote:
To answer your question totaled there is a hack or rather a switch bypass in the blue room under, 4x4/off-road tech, labeled ""no cut" VSC disabling switch". I just did an advanced search of "nanny hack" under 4x4/off-road tech and it popped up for me. I'm not sure if this is what Rolando used but I am considering it because it seems easy and I don't have to cut my harness or buy a $50 switch. Hope this helps! Hey by the way, did you win the photo contest?

Yeah Dan, thats where mine came from. No cutting of the harness and bought a $3 "on/off" switch from Autozone. A buddy of mine helped, since Im electronically challenged, but thats where the info came from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Does this hack make it so it's always off if the switch is off. Meaning at ignition if the switch is in the off position the nannys are already off. If so I will be doing this... I actually think the nannys hurt gas mileage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Wire Harness
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next