NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alignment after a lift

Go down 
+9
lrgrnr
Auto Solutions
85runner
CarolinaCruiser15
Snowdogyyz
Scottydog
cjcradier
NC FJ Driver
David B
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Is this a 1 time alignment for $50.00 and does it come with say a warranty? I might have to take you up on the alignment Brian. After I put on my lift Smile
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 pm

The warranty really depends... lol. Being as most of our vehicles are used off road there tends to be a little more abuse. If its within reason we are always happy to take care of it. We are reasonable guys! haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Cool, I plan on getting adjustable coilovers sometime in the future so I will need an alignment or 2 once they settle down.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Okay cool. As far as aligning it when it comes in and then like 500 miles later there would only be one charge for sure.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 pm

brian has done my truck , twice to be exact...after tires and lift then after my URE fiasco...Jeff is the tech that does the work and he is very knowledgeable in what he does...he actually takes an interest in YOUR truck and how YOU will drive it. Many kudos to Brian and Jeff for what they do. My only issue with ASI is that they are not 74 miles closer to my house!!!
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks Mike we appreciate the support!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Awesome Cool

Auto Solutions wrote:
Okay cool. As far as aligning it when it comes in and then like 500 miles later there would only be one charge for sure.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:36 pm

as the old addage goes..."i receive nothing for my statements"....but i would and do highly reccommend ASI in Charlotte...
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Heading down to get my alignment today at ASI!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Got mine aligned last week after the 2" spacer lift/level at Black's Tire Service in Wilmington ($69.95).

Toytec said and I quote;
You’ll want the toe set to +0.04, the camber set to 0, and the caster as high as possible without sacrificing either the toe or camber (should be around 2.0 or higher).

I'm wondering about the camber numbers but... The tires seem to be wearing fine... time will tell.

Here's the sheet;
Alignment after a lift - Page 2 8403663696_e00fc5ca65_b
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm

#'s look good to me. Mine is pretty much the same but with higher caster due to my uca's being Light Racing. 3.5 caster .7 camber .05 toe IN. same for both sides or atleast as close as possible Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:10 pm

I have LR UCAs too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm

I think your caster is too low. Its not in spec. This would increase rubbing if you go to larger tires.

My caster is 3.0 - 3.2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't think you got a good alignment Paul. There is no reason the tech shouldn't be able to get both your camber and caster set in spec with the 2" lift and LR UCAs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm

ToyTec said it should be above 2.0 for sure.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

Caster should be higher like 3.5, are your Light Racing uca's set at 0 with the gold plate facing the front where you can read the light racing stamp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Nope... They are set to the 2.0 mark... I guess I could talk to Toytec and see what they think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alignment after a lift   Alignment after a lift - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alignment after a lift
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2