Newb from Clayton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hunter s gatherer
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Newb from Clayton   Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Toy True from 1st to now.

1971 Old Yeller: Brand new Hilux purchased for $3K. 
        Mods n adds - canvas cap. Offy dual port intake. Rejetted carb. Headers.
        Fat tires and rims of course. Before I got the custom exhaust on, I had to 
        "sneak" down South Main St at six am. Ever try sneaking with just open headers?
        Used to make me shiver until I hit the exit to the freeway then I was loud n proud. 
        I gotta find me an old Hilux again! (Loved the blinkers posted on the front fenders.)              On our first camping trip with this Toyo we pulled into the grounds on a branch of the           Potomac in WV. We were (cheerily?) greeted with a chorus of "Yankee go home!" from           the kids on the side of the road. 

1980 Sold Old Yeller. Got a new 1st gen SR5 4x4. Black. All Terrains. Roll/light bar. Good 
        lookin truck, but in the winter it had a habit of freezing gas line about half way to work.

1990  Traded Black for spruce green 2nd gen 4Runner. Loaded SR5. Spent many a good
         camping trip from the Canadian Maritines to Tenn. Sold it to Clyde at the recycle
         convenience center. He'd ask me about it everytime I pulled in.

2009  Purchased a used Taco SR5. Got tired of trying to haul mulch n stuff in the 4Runner.
         Still have it, but it seems spend most of its time at the kids house. I'm lucky if I get
         it to take out the garbage!

2013   Sunday I traded the G35 for a 2007 Tundra Ltd 4x4 CrewMax. Loaded! Even has 
         base TRD package (But no decal.  I like that stealth look!) This is my "conestoga".
         We are moving to someplace in New Mexico (dont ask, I wont tell) to get away from            all the crazy @#$% that seems to be happenin' lately.

Dreams: An FJ 40 or 43 with a turbo diesel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Newb from Clayton   Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 am

Welcome to the group!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Newb from Clayton   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome to the group. See you at one of our many meets and or off road events.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Newb from Clayton   Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Welcome! My family lives in Albuquerque. Youll love it out there. Absolutely beautiful and great offroading/camping/anything outdoorsy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb from Clayton   

Back to top Go down

Newb from Clayton
Page 1 of 1