NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Empty
PostSubject: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Not sure who all in the area is going to the 1st Annual Meet and Greet/ Beginner offroad event. But I thought it would be great to all arrive convoy style. I know the Greesnboro area FJ's are trying to convoy as well. Depending on the amount in our group and/or route taken we could possibly join up with them down the road.  

If you would like to be in the convoy send me a PM with:

Forum name:
Email address:
Phone number:

All right, as we draw nearer to the event, it's time we hatch out some plans.

Route planned: 64 to hwy 49 to 109
Meet up location: Walmart on Tyron rd. (Which becomes 64) 
2010 Kildare Farm Rd.
Cary, NC 27518
Time: Meet 7:15 leave 7:40 at the latest.

The plan now as it stands is to meet and gather from 7:15 to 7:30 and leave by 7:40 at the latest. This will allow us time to meet up with the Greensboro area convoy in Asheboro along the way at 9am. From there we make a short 30min ride to the Off-road Center. 

If you have any questions or concerns, just give a shout.

Last edited by Crayfish on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Whats our Raleigh/Cary convoy # looking like? Wanna meet at 6:45a at the Kangaroo by HT for a mini-convoy over to Wally World?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 pm

4 as it stands possibly 5 when I hear back from Scott Haynes and I think the Greensboro convoy is maybe 5 or 6 Yeah that's cool, you can show me how you pack those extra gallons in.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Oh yeah, thats right. lol. Sounds good. Its tedious but you get an extra 2.3gal!!!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Btw, have you been to URE yet? I cant remember. Last time I went, it was the same schedule... there by about 9:30am, we rode the trails until about 2 or so then back to my place by around 4. I was freaking exhausted. You dont realize how tired you get when youre driving all tense for hours. lol
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Yeah I went a few weeks back with the daily driver group. Yeah it's def gonna be a full day that's for sure.  Are you going to the dinner afterwords?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 pm

As of right now, yes. We'll see how Carrie is holding up by then though. lol. It's on the way back to Cary so that's a plus. You guys going?
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

We are. I imagine  Alli will be in the same boat haha. But agree being in the way home is a good selling point.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm

AND great that theyre BOTH going... so neither will be the only one "stuck" in this situation. lol
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Haha exactly!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 am

I'm in for the convoy guys!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

Sounds good , I've got you down. This is going to be a great trip, still in shock over the turnout.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 am

Great David! Carrie is still trying to wrap her head around the whole convoy concept. lol
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm

I will be there for the convoy. 6:45...yawn!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Scottydog wrote:
I will be there for the convoy. 6:45...yawn!
Haha nice! Now where are you meeting us exactly? Cameron and I live 1/2mi away from each other in Cary so we were going to meet up at 6:45a and head over to Wally World. I think the "official" Raleigh convoy departs at 7:15a from the Wally World Cameron mentioned above.

Either way you cut it, thats early for sure. When I told Carrie about the meetup time and the plans for the day, her reaction was similar to this; Shocked
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah not a fan of mornings haha
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah I was thinking depart wal mart around 7:30ish. Should give us plenty is time to get to Asheboro and team up with the other convoy.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

It's almost time...................see you guys at Walmart around 7-7:15am!

bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Can't wait!!!! Just finished up the last few coats of plasti dip, getting everything ready!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area   Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uwharrie 1st Annual Meet and Greet Convoy- Raleigh Durham Area
Page 1 of 1