NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joshjack
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Empty
PostSubject: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Just posted this as a how-to in the blue room.  Very easy - about 1 hr.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/tech-articles-staging-area/189425-rear-window-release-oem-keyfob-mod.html
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 am

That's impressive for us non-wire smart types! Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joshjack
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

I've gotten a couple questions so here goes:

- Can you make a kit?  Yes, PM me if you're interested in a kit for $50.  It will include a pre-wired harness, programmed module, and the tap connectors.
 - Are you willing to help do local installs?  Yes.  I'm in the Charlotte area and would be happy to help!  That being said, I'm planning to go to the URE outing in a few weeks and I'm thinking it would be easy to do several installs at the same time.
 - Will this work with a non-OEM fob?  Yes.  If you have electronic locks this will work.
 - Will this work with the "trunk button" on my after market fob?  Yes, but I don't have wiring specifics.  I think it would take an extra wire back to the aftermarket controller.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 am

Wow, so simple.  I'll be doing this sooner than later as I ride with my rear window open all the time.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 am

Josh, you should look into becoming a "vendor" and selling this kit on the Blue Room, similarly to the guy that puts together his package for the Scuba Mod!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Josh, you should look into becoming a "vendor" and selling this kit on the Blue Room, similarly to the guy that puts together his package for the Scuba Mod!
^^This is a great idea if the expense isn't too much.  There's been a lot of interest in this idea for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm

It looks like Wikid is trying to help in his post in the blue room actually.  It looks like he's suggesting you contact an existing vendor and sell through them instead of having to pay so much to become a vendor yourself.  Great idea!I'd get with Toytec possibly, but TRDParts4U (Toyota of Dallas) would probably be your best bet.  Start distribution through them and have them start a group buy.  Honestly, I think you could sell this for around $80-$85 and have a good number of people buy them.  At $50, they're a steal for a person that isn't too good at wiring.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Any idea how much it costs to become a vendor in the first place?  I'm just curious if you have to pay a certain percentage of profit or whatnot.  But yeah, that would be awesome if Josh could get on board with TRDparts4U or someone of the sort!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 pm

I've heard several guys comment on how expensive it was, but no numbers were given.  I think it's a flat fee, but it might be based on traffic or sales as well, I honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Shoot, I say if there's enough interest gauged and you're not trying to make an actual business venture with it, just let it sell itself via WORD OF MOUF.  No use in paying extra money for it to be posted to a forum!
Back to top Go down
joshjack
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks for the support guys! For now I think about 6 guys want one so I'll probably do theirs and then see how interest goes after that. If I do get enough demand I'll talk to one of the vendors on there about carrying the kit for me. THat would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:31 pm

first off, great mod joshjack!

now awhile back I read where vendor who is no longer vending in the blue room said it was around 1200 per month to be a member and that sales doesn`t always support that kind of cash...

If that`s the case then companies really need to pump out the group buys like the bumper Co`s to cover their expenses/labor and vendor fee`s...

Back to top Go down
joshjack
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 8:09 am

Parts are in and I'm starting to send kits out!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 am

WOOP WOOP!
Back to top Go down
CherokeeCruiser
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
CherokeeCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:35 pm

JOSHJACK,

Just sent you a private PM reply regarding your MOD and getting together. Posted to you in the BlueRoom!

Allen Burkett, a.k.a., CherokeeCruiser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button   Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod to open the rear window with the key fob or door unlock button
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: How to....-
Jump to: