NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air Lift kit for stock FJ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

Air Lift kit for stock FJ Empty
PostSubject: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:01 pm

I bought this air lift kit p/n 60809 and installed it in my FJ.  Then learned I needed  kit p/n 60744 with longer air bags because of my Old Man Emu suspension.

So I swapped out the airbags with the longer ones and want to sell these stock size airbags with all the new pieces from the new kit (they are the same).  The airbags have been used for approximately 400 miles.  All the new hose, schrader valves, etc along with the installation instruction booklet for the stock 60809 kit are included.  Click on link to picture below. 

Asking $50 

I can meet anywhere in the Triad area.  I work at GSO airport if that's convenient.  Or I could deliver them at the Sept 28 event in Uwharrie.

The airbags work great for towing.  I only need 12 pounds in them with my popup camper that has 320 pound tongue weight.

Shoot me a PM if interested.      

Picture Here
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm

No interest at all?  Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Free delivery to Uwharrie this Saturday! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:57 am

These need to find a new home....make offer!
Back to top Go down
simmoc04
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
simmoc04

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Might be interested. willing to ship?  do these require cutting of bump  stop and if so do they effect the offroad travel of the rear tires. im assuming that you would just run a low psi to act as bumpstop under normat conditions. also have you experienced and leaking over time? sorry so many questions just one of those mods i know very little about and then you see them then think that might just be what i need lol. doing some research on use before i make an offer.
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:54 pm

http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t2176-airlift-airbags-install

Link is for install info.  Yes, I will ship.  Yes, bump stop gets cut down, normal pressure is 5 psi when not towing.  As you say, the bag acts as the bumpstop.  Bags are rated up to 50 psi.  12 to 16 psi is normal range for towing with FJ.  I have lost 1 psi (down from 5 psi) in 60 days, they hold pretty tight.
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Yay these are finally sold and on their way to Minnesota via the blue room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Lift kit for stock FJ   Air Lift kit for stock FJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Lift kit for stock FJ
Page 1 of 1