NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event

Go down 
+38
DamnItsAGlasgow
johnnyturpin
Franklin Porter
Speedrye
justintiime
Tommy_T
tapfer30
David B
FJ.O
2011TRDIceberg
JiveTurkey0514
CarolinaCruiser15
Scottydog
H2O_Cruiser
NC FJ Driver
asdfate
jester812
codename607
FiJiKrawl
TacoWillie
gilbo182
foothills
MR2 Guru
spotts78
CyberLaw
SingleTrack
Southeast Overland
pnsstlrs08
LaceyB
Crayfish
MCRobertson
dwc2134
j.dorton
Gunny1001
Droop07FJ
ejcagle
Macleod
bigdogdewey2
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

will you be attending ride and dinner meet.
URE RIDE and Class
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Vote_lcap54%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 44 ]
Dinner
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Vote_lcap46%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 81

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 am

This is open to any vehicle as long as they are members of NCFJCruisers.com...and if you bring a landrover, Hummer, GMC, AWD Audi (probably shouldnt) you will learn about what it takes to drive off road.  NCFJ is predominately FJ Cruisers but we welcome everyone with any 4x4....besides ..the LC is a beast and superb off road performer...its a must that it is there!
Back to top Go down
tapfer30
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
tapfer30

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 am

I will be there 2+. I just need to know the date so I can schedule time off.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:08 am

The response to this event has been STELLAR!!! Cant wait to meet all the new people!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am

Tapfer...the date is the 28th of Sept.  stay tuned as we will have much more info concerning exactly what time, where we will meet up and the schedule of events.
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Newbie here with a question.  My 2012 FJ has the Bridgestone all season tires that it came with from the factory.  Are they ok for this event?
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Not a problem...plenty of road tires have made the venture to URE. You will be fine.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:35 pm

agreed ...you will have no problems with those tires..if it is wet then it may be a bit slippery but you will still have no problem with the trails we are planning to do.

by tje way Tommy T. Welcome to the forum.  Glad you could join us and we look forward to meeting you.
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for reassurance on the tires.  My wife is interested too, she said it sounds like fun.  So we're looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:20 am

Plonks like you can vote without being logged in?  Just an FYI

It will be me and one other person. Not sure who yet though.
Back to top Go down
TacoWillie
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 am

paulwardinc wrote:
Plonks like you can vote without being logged in?  Just an FYI

It will be me and one other person. Not sure who yet though.

Bring your dad he was a good guy
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:53 am

Ok folks  WOW!! what a number!! We were totally only expecting about 10-15 trucks! This is so awesome.  
What we are gonna need now is a list of who and how many.  If you would please PM me and let me know the following information:

forum name (obviously)
Real name
If you voted in the poll and for the ride and/or dinner.
then i need to know how many will be in your party.

As we get the PMs we will start a list in the original post so that we can keep up with who and how many.  
We greatly appreciate your cooperation in this.  Its getting down to crunch time (kinda) so we need to start the list..

Thanks so much,
Admin Team!!
Back to top Go down
CyberLaw
CyberLaw

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

Tommy_T wrote:
Newbie here with a question.  My 2012 FJ has the Bridgestone all season tires that it came with from the factory.  Are they ok for this event?

Here's another answer to your question:  Video from the clubs "first" URE run.  My 2008, all stock with factory tires on Falls Dam trail.

Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Cool!  Thanks for sharing that video. 

I hope it's not real muddy on 9/28 though!
Back to top Go down
justintiime
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:29 am

I voted while not signed in (sorry), then It asked me to vote again after I signed in.

SO, take one vote off for the trail ride, and one off for the dinner.

My wife and I should be able to make it.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 am

Yeah apparently u can vote and not be signed in.  Justintime I got it tho...thanks
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:23 am

MR2 Guru wrote:
Another question..... Is the class mostly specific to the FJC, or will it be just as useful to others (Land Cruisers)? I assume a lot will be general knowledge, but I also know most attendees will have FJCs since that is where this meet and greet is based.... I just wonder if the majority will be vehicle-specific. Thanks!

I'll be teaching the class and while I will tailor some stuff to FJCs since that is probably going to be the majority of vehicles in attendance, I will make sure to address all vehicles and no matter what you drive the class will be worth your while for new drivers.

Tommy_T wrote:

For the trails we will be taking the new driver's on a totally stock vehicle with street tires should fare just fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:43 pm

I voted for some food. Of course this will depend somewhat on food selection, but I'm planning on meeting some of the new members even if I'm not going on the ride part.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:01 pm

be good to see you Ryan...you can get in on the dinner only if you choose....jsut let me know what you are gonna do if you would please...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Great News Folks:
I just got off the phone with JD at Midstate Toyota. He told me that Midstate Toyota will be hosting the dinner portion of the event on the 28th of Sept. They are finishing up some new construction and renovations to their property and will have plenty of room to host! There will be a cook out. Right now i will venture a guess that it will be hot dogs and burgers and plenty of fixins. If the menu changes you will be informed. They will also offer the use of the wash rack for those who want to clean up their trucks. They are also thinking of having a couple of technicians on hand to go over your vehicle and repair anything if needed. We know that several of you are coming from a ways away and to make sure you get home ok they will look at your vehicle to just be sure. No one will be limping home. They will have 15000 sqft for us to use is my understanding. Plenty of space to relax and enjoy a "wheelers" evening.

Last edited by bigdogdewey2 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TacoWillie
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:49 pm

It just gets better and better. But for some reason Mike your post is real dark. I thought at first you forgot to put anything. this is gonna be fun and the wife is looking forward to driving my truck through the trails,"Please god be dry" and i hope she don't scare me to death doing it,lol
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 pm

yeah its gonna be a great time...we look forward to seeing all of you!!
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 am

tacowillie you make a good point. I may even try to get my wife behind the wheel so she can't have the experience as well although I'm not sure she will even want to.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm

looking good folks...28 of the 37 folks who have voted are signed up!! WOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU ALL...!
Back to top Go down
Franklin Porter
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Franklin Porter

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:12 pm

I'll be there, + 1, where's the sign up?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:16 pm

PM me with all your info bud...look forward to hanging with you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next