HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 pm

we finally made it!cheers 

took 14 hours with a loaded boat in tow, and it was heavier than the 6x12 previously towed... Friday congestion with a few break downs and accidents surely slowed the pace.scratch 

living out of suitcases and a few boxes until the movers get here.

The FoodLion food store is pretty nice, and the neighborhood Lowes is awesome!
we already had the both shiba`s in the store twice! Nikko and Lola were Stars for a few hours!Laughing 

Lots to do yet, we are exhausted, even the shiba`s are disoriented, But Lola KNOWS when breakfast is being served, she has to have her grits!Laughing 

ok, check in later, it`s going to take a while to get settled in and organize the way we like things...lol!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
we finally made it!cheers 

took 14 hours with a loaded boat in tow, and it was heavier than the 6x12 previously towed... Friday congestion with a few break downs and accidents surely slowed the pace.scratch 

living out of suitcases and a few boxes until the movers get here.

The FoodLion food store is pretty nice, and the neighborhood Lowes is awesome!
we already had the both shiba`s in the store twice! Nikko and Lola were Stars for a few hours!Laughing 

Lots to do yet, we are exhausted, even the shiba`s are disoriented, But Lola KNOWS when breakfast is being served, she has to have her grits!Laughing 

ok, check in later, it`s going to take a while to get settled in and organize the way we like things...lol!

Glad you made it safely! Great to have you here! Can't wait to chat!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:05 pm

welcome to enc! im also in new bern so if you have any questions about the area ill help if i can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:38 pm

LaceyB wrote:
welcome to enc! im also in new bern so if you have any questions about the area ill help if i can!

Awesome!, where are ya in NB? I haven`t seen to many FJ`s, maybe one or two. But in our recent travels to Lowes, McDonalds (lol), and Historic New Bern, quite a few stared at our FJ and pointed...maybe they thinks it`s an alien ship or something...

we are over in Fairfield Harbor, and it`s growing on us fast, very quiet and nice and so far some good neighbors...

although, we had someone on the other side of the hood giving me the stink eye when they saw my plates, man it took him long enough to try and read PALERDR on the DO bumper, bwahahahaha, and someone blew their horn at me for going to slow, wow!!! some old dood! hahahahaha.  We still have a lot to do to get things in order, and camping on the floor with 2 shiba`s is losing it`s pizazz! :lol:Again we spent way more time in Lowes than necc bc everyone was stopping to talk about the dogs, we had one in each cart, yes, they go in the stores, Nikko has been going to Lowes in NJ for 6 years...lol...

and Thank you to David! looking forward to meeting everyone when the dust settles...

spent most of yesterday powerwashing the front walk and driveway, and it is loooong!
back and forth to Lowes for supplies... we need sleeep!...lol...
now on to cleaning the carpets, work work work...

ttylater, Andy...
Back to top Go down
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 pm

I live in James City....we call it New Bern side B, but almost to Havelock. The historical side is called side A and where you are...well its practically Pamlico County....lol. There are quite a few FJ's in New Bern. Im cruising around in black cherry and I frequent Lowes more than I'd like. Maybe I'll see you there!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:36 am

LaceyB wrote:
I live in James City....we call it New Bern side B, but almost to Havelock. The historical side is called side A and where you are...well its practically Pamlico County....lol. There are quite a few FJ's in New Bern. Im cruising around in black cherry and I frequent Lowes more than I'd like. Maybe I'll see you there!!

Cool!Cool hahaha side A and side B, Laughing ...
hmmm interesting ,,, Pamlico county, Craven county,,,

I`m sure we will be at Lowes wayyyy to much this year!, Neutral they already remember the shiba`s, and the register lady remembered Lola giving Nikko grief in the shopping cart, she likes her own space, Laughing

ok, well if you see our Quicksand FJ with a Demello bumper and PRG snorkle, shout out!
can`t really miss us with the NJ tags PALERDR Laughing
I know those will be changed when we register the rig here, Oh and the driving written tests, etc, not looking forward to that...
ok ttyl, Andy...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:41 am

will do! im the stock black cherry with black and yellow stripe paramedic plate on the front and tag ILMIOFJ on the back. I kinda stand out....lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 am

well the moving company showed up late yesterday afternoon and they only had 2 guys, they worked into the dark unloading... we are so glad we have or stuff, quite a few things were broken and we have yet to open the boxes marked fragile... yikes...

anyhow, hope to resume to some kind of normalcy and get the house in order.

Never thought I`d be so happy to get our washer and dryer up and running!Laughing
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:21 am

Man i remember moving last year! I feel your pain!  I was living out of boxes for weeks. Glad you guys are getting settled in though,  now it's time to go ride!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:33 pm

The Shiba Cruiser at it`s new location!Cool

We`ve been busy cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning, power washing the driveway, front walk and garage floor, setting up the laundry room and dryer vent (ooof) hanging curtain and blinds and repairing things as we discover them, still a lot to do.
tested out the new Husqvarna mower yesterday! it kicked azz! Stll have to assemble the 4 stroke weed whacker yet.

The water here is horrible, But I`m familiar with NC water and the water softener. Just picked up 160# of salt for it yesterday. The spots on the FJ after washing are insane, anyone know a good way to rid these water spots?

Lola is hanging out on the driveway waiting for her walk, she adapted very well and already goes zoom zoom around the house. Nikko is having a rough time and just hangs out in his bed... I hope he overcomes his dilemma.

hopefully I`ll get enough done to concentrate on the driver License , vehicle inspection and registration of the rig and boat soon... something I`m not looking forward to. yikes...Laughing
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Welcome to NC!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:14 pm

good work on the progress!! if you need help locating where to get your plates and your license done, let me know. i can be your virtual tour guide...lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:29 pm

LaceyB wrote:
good work on the progress!! if you need help locating where to get your plates and your license done, let me know. i can be your virtual tour guide...lol.

this is why i am so happy with this forum...ever since my wife and i joined there has been nothing but really good people.  Everyone is willing to help out others with even the smallest task.  Its not just help online or directions on how to change a serpentine belt or what size tires to get its actual in person hands on help.  

Thank you Lacey for showing that character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Ditto Mike!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am

With a name like "Pale Rider" its important to register when you move to a new location lol!

Welcome to the group
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!   

Back to top Go down

hello NCFJ`ers, just registered!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2