NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride

Go down 
+9
iwashmycar
85runner
crogers6569
JiveTurkey0514
Omgrtfa
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
MadToy
bigdogdewey2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Empty
PostSubject: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:36 pm

THE 2ND ANNUAL UWHARRIE NIGHT TIME TRAIL RIDE

Date: Friday, May 3rd

Time: Trail ride will begin after sun down. People will gather at the camp site prior. Please give yourself time enough to set up camp before the ride.

Location: At the unofficial campsite of the NCFJers. This is about midway along the Wolf's Den trail. (See the red arrow marked on the map below.)

Things to consider:
1. It will be primitive camping at the site.
2. You will be on the trail system over a two day period, so you will need to have two trail passes or a season pass.
3. The Arrowhead Campground (I believe most of them) lock their entrance at 10:00 this time of year. This creates issues for anyone not wanting to camp along the trail.
4. Due to the nature of the ride there is likely to be little spotting.
5. Tyler will be giving lessons on how to sleep in a hammock.
6. (reserved in case more come up)

The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Uwharrie2

Last edited by Brian on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Another option might be the group camp sites. It is $40/night + $9 reservation fee, so $50. It can hold up to 50 people. Has water and vault toilets at each site and a central bath house (with showers and flush toilets) that is centrally located among the 3 group camp sites.

I have not seen these sites, so I can't offer any feedback. Just throwing this out as an option if we have a larger group going.

ALSO, we would need to make sure that the entrance to these sites are not locked at night. I do not think so, but I am not sure.

Group Camp Site
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 pm

i think the primitive camping will be more fun! is there a cost for the primitive site along the trail??
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Camping along the trail is free with the trail pass.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:30 pm

I am game as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Crazy Hube wrote:
I am game as always.
Is your buddy coming? I could convoy out with him!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 pm

yeah ill be there...Angie ma not be...but i will be...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm signin' up as well! Does that mean I've got to get more lights? What is the minimum? Is it watts, lumens, or number of lights?Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
I'm signin' up as well! Does that mean I've got to get more lights? What is the minimum? Is it watts, lumens, or number of lights?Laughing

I just run the daytime running lights. More challenging that way.
Back to top Go down
Omgrtfa
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Omgrtfa

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Im in. just bought a sweet tent!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Paul in my case it is # of lights...i honestly probably wont even turn them on...it would suck for the person in front of me..
Back to top Go down
Omgrtfa
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Omgrtfa

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Just don't accidentally hit your train horn and i think the forest will be grateful.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

it got hit a few times this past weekend...i was calling Bigfoot to no avail...but t did scare the crap out of Casey as he was maneuvering onto the 90* bridge....i thought he was gonna just drive over the edge...
Back to top Go down
Omgrtfa
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Omgrtfa

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:01 am

my little girl about learned how to jump before she knew how to walk when that thing went off in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

LOL...i apologize for that....kinda....
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm

So ive never been to Uwharrie should i be worried about seeing it for the first time in the dark?! haha Nothing too hard there right?
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Im with bigdog... with all 8 on i feel really sorry for whoever is in front of me!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

We usually have enough light to make a few runs before dark too. We don't hit Daniel in the dark. Dickey Bell maybe.

And the guys with the most lights get to lead, so no one will be in front of you Smile
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Guess this puts new meaning to the blind leading the blind.... haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I think waiting to dark would be better. I will be too bored on Saturday to do anything if we do that much Friday night. This is only my preference and not the law of the land.

Here is what I had in my mind for trails. I thought we could go up Daniel to the top using the back way. Then we could run dickey Bell or Dutch John the reverse way we normally take these. I think the dark plus the fact we dont go these directions would realy make this a different experience.

New to Uwharrie should probably not lead the way.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Welp. I'm out Sad

Forgot the wife has plans for that weekend. I might be able to come up with the kids and ride on Saturday, but the Friday night ride is out.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Brian wrote:

Here is what I had in my mind for trails. I thought we could go up Daniel to the top using the back way. Then we could run dickey Bell AND Dutch John the reverse way we normally take these. I think the dark plus the fact we dont go these directions would realy make this a different experience.

With a little rain, this suggestion would be AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

If I am able to go( should know by this friday) I would love to do a high speed run before dark. My record is running up daniel, around RML to saw mill, to slab pile to dutch john out to falls damn around to dickey bell and back to the double lot in 1 hour 15 mins, that was in the 4runner and I dont think my 1st gen has the power to keep that kind of pace But I would love to try to beat the time if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 pm

im looking forward to this ride alot...and i like the idea of reversing the direction...as far as a run before dark and then after dark im game...jsut going with the flow!lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 pm

I will skip the speed run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride   The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Annual Uwharrie Night Time Trail Ride
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next