Share | 

Colorado Off-Roading this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 pm

The family is headed out to Colorado to visit our son who is station at Fort Carson. He has a Jeep XJ that he and I did a build on over a couple of years before he went into the Army. Nothing extreme...3 1/2" lift on 32s, HD control arms (after he completely bent his on a trail out there a few months ago), Locked front and rear, sliders, some skids. No bumper and winch yet, but is high on his must get soon list.

We are doing Eagle Rock trail for starters with a group called Military Jeepers. Hope to have some great pictures and video. There is usually an FJ that goes with them, hope he is there, really want to see one in action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FonnieJr
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Thats awesome. Look forward to seeing pictures. Tell him about the army green FJ if you get a chance. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Just got back from Colorado...WOW! There are FJs and Jeeps everywhere. We spent Saturday on the trails near Colorado Springs. After a long ride to the top, we finally hit the trail. We started on Saran Wrap and then hooked into Eagle Rock. If you go to Traildamage.com you can see the trails ans their ratings. My son has a Jeep XJ and there were lots of other jeeps...plus an awesome FJ joined us for the day. Lifted, 35" Baja MTZ, Lucrum winch bumber insert, rails, and custom skids. This thing was a beast and made the trails look easy. I will post pictures ASAP.

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Scottydog wrote:
Just got back from Colorado...WOW! There are FJs and Jeeps everywhere. We spent Saturday on the trails near Colorado Springs. After a long ride to the top, we finally hit the trail. We started on Saran Wrap and then hooked into Eagle Rock. If you go to Traildamage.com you can see the trails ans their ratings. My son has a Jeep XJ and there were lots of other jeeps...plus an awesome FJ joined us for the day. Lifted, 35" Baja MTZ, Lucrum winch bumber insert, rails, and custom skids. This thing was a beast and made the trails look easy. I will post pictures ASAP.

Id love to see a pic of that FJ! I love the Lucrum winch bumpers... Im kinda pissed because supposedly they dont make them anymore. Awesome idea for anyone who doesnt want to drag their winch with them everywhere they go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Scottydog wrote:

Yeah man!!! Please post the pics!!! Glad you had a great time....I will be out there is a couple of weeks for the Annual FJ Summit! Can't wait!!!

Follow me on Twitter: @NCFJ_Cruisers1

NCFJ Cruisers YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NCFJCruisers

2010 Trail Teams Edition - ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, 2010 BudBuilt Front Skid, BudBuilt engine skid, Ricochet LCA guards, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition), Outrider Suspension armor, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:03 pm

My son has the SD card from the camera with all the pictures...he is in Wyoming with his unit right now. Hope to have the pictures posted soon...anyone know how to clip parts from a video and post?

2008 ALL Silver FJ
Bilstein 5100s Front, Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks, OME 895 Rear Springs Rear, 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Baja Utility Roof Rack, Mombasa RTT, OEM Brush Guard, Custom Rock Sliders (Defensive Designs), BMC (Defensive Design), Ricochet Skids, All-Pro Ultimate Rear Lower Control Arms, All-Pro E-Locker Guard, Volant Cold Air Intake, FlowMaster 40 Series, Hot 12v Outlet, Custom FJammer, LED Dome Lights, MPac Rear Door Storage, Orange Boxx Custom P.S.D. Rear Side Storage, Custom Rear Storage Unit, Blacked-out Emblems, Scuba Driver Mod, Smittybilt Air Compressor, Midland 75-822 CB with 4' Firestik on Bandi Mount, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlights, Metal-tech Tube Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorado Off-Roading this weekend   

Back to top Go down

Colorado Off-Roading this weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1