NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Factory Running boards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

Factory Running boards Empty
PostSubject: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 am

I put a set of the Demello sliders on and have taken off my factory running boards. (obviously) I was wondering if anyone thought I could sell them and if so how much. I know they would be useless for trail riding but it's worth a try. They bolt directly to the vehicle/underbody....not the frame.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

If they are OEM (not Westin, ect) you could probably get a bite on Craigslist or the Blue Room. Maybe $100-150....Could go as low as $75 just to ditch them. If they are pristine I have seen people ask as much as $200-250, but that's a tough sell sometimes. Someone who got quoted $500 at the dealer only to take a look at Craigslist may be that person.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:19 pm

not a very popular item to deal with ...not in terms of quality ...its just that they are second choice as in your case...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Might as well try and sell them! You just gotta be patient, because eventually someone will come along that wants them. I was able to sell mine on Craigslist (took about 3 weeks) for $125 I believe, and then I immediately turned around and bought OEM sliders to replace them. Worked out perfect, I just had to keep reposting the listing to make sure it got views. High quality pictures help too
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:27 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Might as well try and sell them! You just gotta be patient, because eventually someone will come along that wants them. I was able to sell mine on Craigslist (took about 3 weeks) for $125 I believe, and then I immediately turned around and bought OEM sliders to replace them. Worked out perfect, I just had to keep reposting the listing to make sure it got views. High quality pictures help too

LOL...and there is why no one keeps them!! they want bigger, better, stronger protection!! LOL
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:29 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:

LOL...and there is why no one keeps them!! they want bigger, better, stronger protection!! LOL

Yeah these would serve no purpose other than the step factor when getting in or out. They don't even bolt to the frame they just bolt to the underbody. I am getting ready to sell my house and have got to start getting rid of some things and I know they will never go back on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Running boards   Factory Running boards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Running boards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: NCFJ Cruisers Classifieds :: For Sale By Owner-
Jump to: