NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Convoy from Triad and West...

Go down 
+12
MCRobertson
Orange Boxx
FJ Derek
Omgrtfa
SingleTrack
FJoe
j.dorton
DamnItsAGlasgow
spotts78
ULTIMATEcruiser
Speedrye
bigdogdewey2
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Convoy from Triad and West... Empty
PostSubject: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

UPDATE!!:

The convoy from the triad and West will meet at the rest stop on I-40. The rest stop is after the RED OAK BREWERY. Meet up time at the rest stop is 7am sharp. The CB channel is to be channel 12. If there are any questions about the convoy please PM SingleTrack.

just gonna go ahead and put this out there that there has been interest in a convoy from the triad...right now as far as i know the meet time at Triangle Town Center is 8 am...now leaving to be there at 8 am from lets just say Greensboro would have to be around 6:45 -7 am...im probably going to be leaving at around that time...

Last year we met at the REST STOP just before Burlington on I85/I40...and i believe that there were like 8 trucks in that convoy...lots and lots and lots of looks...it was a good ride into Raleigh very cool...

so what interest do we have? chime in and lets try to get a count...remember we have over a month so you have plenty of time to plan for this...

Last edited by bigdogdewey2 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 pm

I plan on being there since I got over 20mpg in the convoy last year!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm

yeah that was a plus!!!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 pm

Count me in!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:44 pm

thats 3...gonna be fun!
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:09 am

I'm in!

Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 am

Stupid question here... what time does the actual meet start goin? I've never been to one before so I don't even know how long these things last! I'd love to meet up with yall and convoy on my transit from CLT, but I didn't know it'd be that early lol
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

the actual show begins at 10 am...and will last til about 2-2:30...the meeting time at Triangle Town Center last year was about 8 am...some of us got there at 9 or later...

Foiks are coming from all over the state and Va. and SC..so their travel times are gonna be varied and some people just dont do well with schedules! LOL>..either way we would like you to be there as close to 8 am as possible to start lining up...we will be leaving TTC for Leith anywhere between 9:30 to 9:45...(estimation) plust the earlier you are there the better the parking spot at leith as you will ge to the front of the line quicker...

it really was alot of fun watching the nonFJ cars, with the looks and stares..its really worth getting up early for...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Ahhhh good to know... thanks man! Yeah convoys in general are just awesome! I'll see what I can do to get out there for it!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 pm

basically all you have to do is get out of bed!! LOL>..just kidding...seriously its a great time..kind of a pre convoy before the big convoy...and much FASTER!!!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:32 pm

More importantly, the socializing while waiting on the convoy is a lot of fun. By the time you're at the show, you've met new people and know who you like and don't care so much for...

Mike, that "Don't tread on me" dollar is awesome!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm

i found that pic somewhere and i honestly cant remember wher it was...Ryan is picky as far as who he likes and dislikes...thats why he wants to get to the meeting place early ...so he can divide his likes and dislikes.....LOL....

i had a great time at the convoy meeting actually was able to look at every truck ...but this year is going to be better since we have participation from The Olde North State Cruisers...bringing all those gorgeous FJ40s and hopefully some 60s and 80s...kinda makes me wish i could see the convoy from outside of it...seeing the trucks all go by....
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
basically all you have to do is get out of bed!!

LOL, yeah but that's not an easy thing for me to do! I will do it though, cuz I do want to have the opportunity to meet some of the fellas before the big group is all there... no need to be that socially awkward redneck in the back corner Suspect
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:59 pm

LOL...thats funny...it'll be good to have you there!!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Likewise brotha!
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
FJoe
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJoe

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 am

I ran in it last year, I'm down again
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am

I'm in for sure. I pulled up behind a black FJ at a stop light on New Garden Rd last week to turn onto Bryan Blvd and another silver FJ pulled up behind me. All 3 of us were headed downtown and road in that line the whole way. I don't know if they enjoyed it as much as I did, but that was a "mini-convoy"!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Thats pretty cool Mitch...like magnets!!
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Mitch? ...or Jon? cause I'm Jon!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Frank?

didnt even look at the "poster" just saw the silver truck....lol...
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Ahhhh, LoL! Frank will work too
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 pm

OK so what i am proposing is that we meet at the rest area on I/40 jsut before you get to Burlington. im gonna say we meet at 6:45 am at the rest area!....is that doable for everyone or does it need to be later or earlier...

Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Now that I'm getting black wheels you'll really be confused!
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm good with that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convoy from Triad and West...   Convoy from Triad and West... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convoy from Triad and West...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next