NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places

Go down 
+3
MadToy
iwashmycar
codename607
7 posters
AuthorMessage
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Empty
PostSubject: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm from the Lumberton NC area but I currently live up in DC/MD. Since I go back home often I figured I would become a member and possibly join you guys on some meet and greats or trail runs.

My rig:
2013 Army Green FJ
18" XD Series Crank Rims
285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift

FAB FOUR Front Bumper
White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Baja Rack w/light bar PIAA lights
Airaid CAI
....and some other things

This pic is from my last outing. Did some camping up at Green Ridge State Forest in MD.
Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places E508369C-C4C9-4E11-BCFE-3B2E15729A54-3299-000002EE428F3205_zpse4d29df4

I'm into more of the expedition/overland type off roading but I'm down for anything that needs 4x4. Hope I get a chance to meet some of you guys soon. Also if your ever up in the DC area let me know.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Welcome! Good to have you here!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Welcome. Looks like you wasted no time modding that 2013! You'll fit in just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 pm

MadToy wrote:
Welcome. Looks like you wasted no time modding that 2013! You'll fit in just fine Smile

That's good to know. I see your from Huntersville, do you live near Lake Norman? Only reason I ask is because my girlfriend is from Denver and we spend a lot of time on the Lake during the warmer months.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Yep. 5 minutes from the lake on the opposite side of Denver basically. I used to spend time on the lake till the kids came along. Then I had to sell the boat :/
Back to top Go down
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Welcome! Really like your rig!
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

iwashmycar wrote:
Welcome! Good to have you here!

Thanks! I remember your signature pic from the blue room.

MadToy wrote:
Yep. 5 minutes from the lake on the opposite side of Denver basically. I used to spend time on the lake till the kids came along. Then I had to sell the boat :/

I understand that. Whenever I'm back out that way I'll be sure to contact you.

boaterspence wrote:
Welcome! Really like your rig!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Welcome! Interesting choice on the 18's, wouldnt have thought that would have worked, but they look awesome!
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Welcome! Interesting choice on the 18's, wouldnt have thought that would have worked, but they look awesome!

Yeah I figured that by decreasing the size of the side wall it would increase the handle of the rig as well as decreasing the body roll. But I cant really tell a difference anymore so once these tires are done I'll be going with something else. Most likely a 16's because they are much cheaper than 18 inch tires.

You live and you learn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Man that truck looks nice...love the color...and the DIRT!! cant wait to meet you in person and maybe get you on some trails down here
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

codename607 wrote:
Most likely a 16's because they are much cheaper than 18 inch tires.

You live and you learn. Very Happy

Yeah I stayed with 16"s for a couple reasons, $ being one...which, btw, interested in five 16" Off Road Package Wheels?! LoL
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Man that truck looks nice...love the color...and the DIRT!! cant wait to meet you in person and maybe get you on some trails down here

Thanks!

NC FJ Driver wrote:

Yeah I stayed with 16"s for a couple reasons, $ being one...which, btw, interested in five 16" Off Road Package Wheels?! LoL

Not right now. Maybe after I put another 20k miles on my current ones. And by the looks of it I'll be at 20k in a couple months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Welcome to the group. I lived in pembroke for two years, hated it! Life is better now.
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Brian wrote:
Welcome to the group. I lived in pembroke for two years, hated it! Life is better now.

hahaha pembroke...yeah I understand why you hated that. I'm lumbee so I know how we can get bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 pm

I went there to wrestle. When I stopped wrestling, I got the hell out of dodge! It was more of the school and less of the area I disliked.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am

Very nice! Check out the 2013 meet and see if you can make it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
codename607
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome. I'm going to try and make it out to the 2013 Meet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places   Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grew up in Lumberton, NC...but the army as me other places
Page 1 of 1