NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laser/Plasma cutting locally?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Empty
PostSubject: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Anyone know of an economical place to get plate steel (1/8"-1/4" thick) cut from CAD files locally? I'm starting to look for info for my custom bumper build. Plasma or laser works and I think either would work fine for what I'm doing.

--Ryan
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:09 pm

There are a couple places closer to Charlotte that could do it. M&M fab is outside of Winston but i'm not sure what there price would be. You can look under here http://www.nc4x4.com/vendors/. There are a couple of shops that aren't too far from you that you could call for pricing.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks, there are some good links there! I'll make some calls in the next few days and see what comes up.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Cant OBD do this..?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Ryan...lets just get it done from my buddy...he cuts all my stuff on a PlasmaCam table...and if i get it done...it will be either really really cheap or FREE!!...LOL
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Sounds good to me, so long as he's accurate. I work with CAD all day long, so I can do the layout and get him a file to work from. PlasmaCam accepts AutoCAD files directly, so it should be real easy for your friend.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Cant OBD do this..?

No idea, but if he can, he'll probably post up here!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm

yeah it should be no problem...
Back to top Go down
2wheeldrive
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2wheeldrive

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 am

Send me what it is you need cut I have a cnc plasma that's am not bad at running I will do it provided u give me a program and plate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laser/Plasma cutting locally?   Laser/Plasma cutting locally? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laser/Plasma cutting locally?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Shop Talk-
Jump to: