NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Empty
PostSubject: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

like the title says...who's got em and what do you have??

Im looking at buying a snatch block and i want a good one without having to break the bank...i have seen these things go for as low as $29.00 and as high as a couple of hundred dollars....i want something that will not break but i dont want something that weighs a ton either...
Im a "why" kind of person...so WHY should i be interested in the one that you are describing to me...??
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:28 pm

I have the Smittybilt. Haven't used it yet, so can't comment.

http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-2744-Universal-Snatch-Block/dp/B003CG9PIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358904332&sr=8-1&keywords=snatchblock
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 pm

I have the Smittybuilt as well. I used it once, it worked.

Just FYI, we have the ARB ones in stock at ECGS if you decide to go that route. I can probably work out pretty cheap shipping. The ARB ones are STOUT, as usual with ARB products
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Nick, which one do you have the 18000 or the 36000lb??
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

hell i wouldnt need shipping bro...id come and get it...which ARB is it?

Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 pm

I don't remember. Most likely the 18k. I've gotta dig through my recovery bag and make sure it's still there....
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

I've got a Warn and a Viper. They both work fine and have not let me down yet. I've used them both together as well to pull the FJ sideways once. That was a cool rescue, sideways and uphill at that:D
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 pm

I will check tomorrow Mike and let you know
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 pm

hey Stan is yours the 12K lb? thats the only one i see on motoallicances website...if its the 12K i like that price...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Crazy Hube wrote:
I will check tomorrow Mike and let you know

i totally appreciate it...thanks man...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm

We've got two versions of the ARB

Both are pretty light, they look really nice
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 pm

what kind of price for them?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:43 pm

I will see if I can find the price tomorrow, I hate using Intuit QuickBooks, but that is where all the prices are
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

wow...so its all encrypted over there huh?? cant just put a sticker on it with the price written on it ???
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 pm

lol sorta, we don't actually have a storefront, so no sense in pricing everything. All products are kept in the warehouse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Crazy Hube wrote:
lol sorta, we don't actually have a storefront, so no sense in pricing everything. All products are kept in the warehouse

That's how they get ya!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Brian wrote:
Crazy Hube wrote:

That's how they get ya!!!!!

Yea that's it alright!

But I bet the ARB is at least 80 bucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm

When I go to get the FJ regearded, will it be you doing the work?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Brian wrote:
When I go to get the FJ regearded, will it be you doing the work?

You can take solace in the fact that it will not be me. BUT, if you are having the 3rds shipped to you, be rest assured that you will get a metric ton of stickers for whatever your desires.

Maybe you have a fridge in the garage that needs stickers, maybe a tool box.

Last edited by Crazy Hube on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm

lol! Thats funny
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Here @ Southeast we keep the ARB7000's and MasterPull synthetic blocks in stock as much as we can. We just sold several of the ARBs so we have more on order.

The ARBs and MasterPulls are $89.95 IIRC - both discounted prices. The ARBs are in our WEB STORE (<---- linky) but I haven't gotten around to putting the MasterPulls online yet.

We have used both. The MasterPull is designed for use with synthetic line and is lighter than the ARB. Both are good blocks and I'm happy with both and would use either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

i just got my order in and i went with the smittybilt snatchblock....pretty darn beefy and i also got an ARB tire deflator...looks like it should be made right and will keep me from having to borrow Nicks deflators all the time...
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 pm

I looked at my block today and no weight stamped on it. Sorry it took me a couple days. I use the same deflator, the one with the gauge and like it. I had Stauns and they were a pain where I sit. Currie sells the same deflator, I contacted the company that makes them but I would have had to order far too many in order to get my logo on the face.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:49 pm

the snatchblock that i got has the weight max on it..and im lookin at the ARB deflator as being pretty nice...look forward to using it ..\
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:37 pm

So Mike, figures the weekend after you post this I finally got to use my snatch block Smile Used it to pull a guy sideways out of the river at Gulches. Worked like a charm! Wish we had some pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....   snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

snatch blocks...who's got em and what do you have....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next