NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?

Go down 
+2
85runner
Crazy Hube
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm

I was driving home from the parts house at dusk today and nailed a cat going about 45MPH. My it was pretty scary, and it is a mess. I looked underneath when I got home and their is hair and other "parts" tangled in the brake caliper and drivers side suspension.

I am not sure how to clean it, I don't want to touch it, it is gross....maybe the pressure washer?
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Just burn the car down.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm

85runner wrote:
Just burn the car down.

Not a good idea...but it gives me an idea maybe I should go through insurance and get them to find someone to clean it?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm

pressure washer...from far away!! lol
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
pressure washer...from far away!! lol

Yea and go to a pay place that way the blood and fur isnt on the driveway.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm

The pressure washer rinsed away the blood and gory bits pretty well but the fur is still tangled over everything, especially the brake caliper. I think it is ruined, great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 pm

The left over parts will go away in time. For now come up with a cool new name for the 4runner like The Kitty LitterER!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Yea I mean I will admit, I will lose no sleep over hitting the cat.

If it had been a dog, I don't know how I would live with myself. Crazy how that is, but I have my reasons believe me. Let me share a story...

So this was my first "real" job I was 17, it was when I first started working at the Automotive Bell. Well I was at my aunts house the day before my first day at work. She has two little poop monster cats. As I was sitting, peacefully mind you, on the couch they decided to use my face as a means of jumping onto the stairs above my head.

Would any normal animal extend their SHARP vile claws in order to plant a firm grip into my face? NO, but these cats did. So as I lay there, blood everywhere, I remembered why I hate cats. I still have 2 long scars from those devils, it was a nightmare going to work cut all to pieces.

So did I mean to hit that cat.....no! But I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid one.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 pm

Well I just finished pulling out all the fur out of the brake caliper and wheel. Everything works OK.

I have never seen such a mess from an animal strike, usually they just get pushed out to the side of the road, not explode on the undercarriage.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Brian wrote:
The left over parts will go away in time. For now come up with a cool new name for the 4runner like The Kitty LitterER!

Catty Splatty ...?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:28 pm

FELINE FLATTENER
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:21 am

4running wrote:
Yea I mean I will admit, I will lose no sleep over hitting the cat.
So did I mean to hit that cat.....no! But I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid one.

Same here. If I happened to see it had a collar I'd feel a bit bad, but there are SO MANY stray cats out there just multiplying.
There are probably a dozen in my neighborhood in the general vicinity of our house and it drives me mad. None have been stupid enough to try and run across the road in front of me however, but I think they are a lot faster than me cruising 20 mph.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 am

Just got a first had look of the damage in the daylight. There are pieces of the cat that the tire kicked up all over the drivers side of the car....dried on.

Just great, I guess I am going to AutoBell one day this week
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Thank god for the rain, softened up the bits of cat on the side of the car, it is all but washed away
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 pm

4running wrote:
Thank god for the rain, softened up the bits of cat on the side of the car, it is all but washed away

Did you get pictures first, would make a great avatar!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm

I wish I got pictures of when I first had the cat strike...but my Canon is off at the shop for a warranty repair.

And of course like the caveman I am my phone doesn't take pictures

And I do worry that there are a couple on here who like cats and would see the pictures as disturbing
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 pm

not me....wanna drive by my house and see if u can get one here?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm

HAHA, yea that would be sweet
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 pm

When I hit a deer I had to do more than wash mine Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:35 pm

2011TRDIceberg wrote:

a whole new front end?? LOL
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
2011TRDIceberg wrote:

a whole new front end?? LOL

$3000 later... new lights, turn signals, bumper, grill, ac condenser other misc parts
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

well at least you didnt hit an immobile and inanimate object ...like a fire hydrant

READ as ....2WHEELDRIVE>>!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 pm

LOL...burn!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 pm

oh shoot...did i say that out loud?? im sorry i should retract what i said before...but then again...thick skin toughens you up....and makes it easier to bounce off of fire hydrants...

oh crap i did it again....
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Haha, well a person can't pay attention while driving and hit a fire hydrant....so I can't express much empathy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?   Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever hit an animal with their vehicle?
Page 1 of 1