NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transforming the MadToy...

Go down 
+11
FJ Derek
MCRobertson
Auto Solutions
yota15
totald
Darklight
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
bigdogdewey2
iwashmycar
MadToy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 am

Congrats on the supercharger!  They sure are fun! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Definitely an '04
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Maybe you bought it in 04?  But was an 05 model?

2004 Tacoma was a 1st gen which either had a 3.4 V6, 2.7, or a 2.4
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Things say the 4.0 came in sept '04, but I assume that would have to be the 05 model year when the body changed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:14 pm

apologies...  It was an '05.  I was thinking it was 3 years between getting it and the '07 Tundra.

Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 347_41076097714_7428_n
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 pm

No worries Paul!  That was a sweet truck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

The only problem...  not 4X4... I would have kept it a lot longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm

I am glad we resolved this peacefully.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Madtoy what kind of boost does the stock kit claim? 6 psi? with the new pulley 8-9psi? This is one area ive got a lot of experience in b/c ive owned several nitrous and boosted cars.... Definatly recommend a widebad for ANY forced induction car.... just a peace of mind to know exactly how the motor is running.... can really save your butt if something goes bad and is a god send when trying to tune or troubleshoot a boosted vehicle. Does this system still work with the Mass Airflow Sensor or does it run off of MAP? sorry for all the questions... just new to the TRD systems...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Brian wrote:
I am glad we resolved this peacefully.

I thought for sure things were going to get violent
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 pm

JiveTurkey0514 wrote:
Madtoy what kind of boost does the stock kit claim? 6 psi? with the new pulley 8-9psi? This is one area ive got a lot of experience in b/c ive owned several nitrous and boosted cars.... Definatly recommend a widebad for ANY forced induction car.... just a peace of mind to know exactly how the motor is running.... can really save your butt if something goes bad and is a god send when trying to tune or troubleshoot a boosted vehicle. Does this system still work with the Mass Airflow Sensor or does it run off of MAP? sorry for all the questions... just new to the TRD systems...

Should be around 6psi, depending on conditions.  The 2.85 pulley should make it 7-8 psi.  Wideband is going to happen when I get a chance, along with a boost gauge so I can see what's going on.  I may wire in the PSC1 calibrator to play with AFR once I can log it.  Works with MAF.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 pm

I am really happy with my Innovate Unit...only thing I don't like is the stupid tinted gauge.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

I had nothing but problems with an Innovate I had for my car.  I bought a Zeitronix and loved it.  I'll probably get another one.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 pm

They look like good units as well.  What issues did you have with the innovate?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Crazy Hube wrote:
They look like good units as well.  What issues did you have with the innovate?

Wiring it correctly was a pain.  It was very sensitive to get the ground right (usually the easy part).  Once I got it working finally, it crapped out after about 2 weeks and had to be rebuilt by Innovate.  I sold it when I got it back, and put the Zeitronix in.  Took much less time to install, and worked flawlessly for years.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:16 pm

IF Your Talking Widebands I Always Had Great LucK With The AEM Units. About 200 Bucks If I Remember Right
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:29 pm

The AEM looks like a good option also.  I'll have to first get a bung put into the exhaust manifold someplace.  Haven't really looked to see how much room there is for it. 

I can log the AFR and boost now though with my Torque ODBII app.  It lags a bit though, so not entirely accurate, but good to get a close idea of what's going on.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Those Piggyback Air Fuel Controllers Were Alway A PAin To TuNe With If The TuNe Was Already Way Off. They Could Dial In A TUne If The Baseline Was Decent, But Hardly Ever Worked Great As A Standalone By It Self. OfCourse We Weren't Playing With 6 And 8 Psi Either, We Were Anyways TUnning 16 To 24! Makes It A Little Harder. I Always Had The Best Luck With Apexi Super Afc's If We Were Gonna Attempt It. The  Idle And Wide Open 4Throttle Pulls Were Pretty Easy, ItWas Always That Half Throttle Driveability That Was Tough To Get Right. Always Wanted To Be Too Lean Or Too Rich When You Tried To Roll Into The Throttle.WhenUsing Those Units I Preferred To Leave Um A Little Extra LeaN Down Low Bc It Was Easier To Control The Fuel From There Into A Smooth Transition  At Wide Open Throttle. All This Done By The Way Using That EVer Important Wideband!!
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 pm

By The Way I Appologize To Anyone Reading, The Swype App On My Phone Thinks Its Best To Capitalize Every WOrd I WrIte! Only DOes It On Forum Reply Boxes Though, Very Weird!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:54 am

Yep, I've found the same to be true with NA tuning.  You can't be a mile off to start.  I didn't use the wideband for part throttle tuning though.  I use the Short term trim PIDs.  I had a big cam in my car running like butter using this method.  It was the only way to get it to even run after a motor swap, till I could get a real tune from a Diablo tuner.  I've never messed with boost before though, so much more hesitant to monkey with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transforming the MadToy...   Transforming the MadToy... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transforming the MadToy...
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Member Builds-
Jump to: