NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GREENSBORO area wrenching day....

Go down 
+6
fjdarrell
FJ Derek
NC FJ Driver
Speedrye
SingleTrack
bigdogdewey2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Empty
PostSubject: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 am

I know there is some pretty good interest in a get together for some wrenching soon for some folks that live in the Greensboro area. lets get some possible dates and times and a headcount for this. If you want to attend you dont necessarily need to have any wrenching done to your truck. Just join us for some fun. We are always looking to have folks jsut get together and meet and greet. i would do it at my house however i have limited space to have anything done ...only one truck at a time and its tight. but i do have alot of land to have alot of vehicles at one time.

So lets try to get some possible dates and times, a head count, and what your wanting to have done.

Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 am

I'm free any day between now and January 2nd. I have front 5100's coming in on Thursday this week (12/27/12). Let's get this party started!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Greensboro Wrenching day   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 am

I have a huge driveway and room for several trucks. One oversized bay to pull a car in. No hydraulic lifts or jacks though. Fair assortment of tools but by no means a garage. I need to install PIAA lights up front and remove mud flaps. I need rear shocks but not sure if that can e done in the driveway or by me without specialized tools.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:32 am

the rear shocks are easy to do...very easy so no problem there...and the lights are easy for Ryan if he can make it to this...

the front 5100s are pretty easy too..jsut a little more time consuming...(more time to drink a beer)...
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:34 am

Red Oak anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 am

yes please.....but really no more than 12 I may have to drive
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am

Looks like we've got 4 lined up for Friday:

1) Jon (me)
2) Derek
3) Wylie
4) Michael

Man, if Ryan is free, this thing is on!
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:41 am

shelbyfort1 wrote:
yes please.....but really no more than 12 I may have to drive

Ha! I'm done after 3 ... (lightweight)
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:07 am

Hell, I'm in if we can do it at my house again. I'm stuck here most of the day waiting on Time Warner to show up and you know how punctual they are! I've got some space to work and park, but since it's only gonna be 47 on Friday, it'd be nice working in a heated garage for any of the bigger projects (of course I've got heat). I can handle two trucks at once in the garage if someone's willing to help me push the Honda out and back in again once we're done. I know we could easily get some 5100's, rear shocks and lights installed at this with some extra time for a few other projects as well.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

You guys really need to be doing this on Thursday, then taking your trucks to the Gulches on Friday Very Happy to try all that new stuff out!
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am

Are y'all looking at a all day Friday event or afternoon/evening?
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:19 am

Man if I didnt have plans to go to the gulches on Fri and have a cabin rented for Thursday night yall know I'd be down...... I really need a wrenching day lol
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 11:53 am

FJ Derek wrote:
Are y'all looking at a all day Friday event or afternoon/evening?

I was thinking late morning through evening or something thereabouts.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm open anytime Friday
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 pm

singletrack.... what type of bike is that? and where do you ride?
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:04 pm

I ride a Specialized Carve 29'r with a 1x9 drivetrain setup. I literally live on Wild Turkey trail in Greensboro so I'm fortunate to have about 40 miles of trails right out the front door. You ride?
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Jon aren't you under 6 ft?! Why are you riding a niner?!
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm

So I can stomp fellas like you into the soil!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Touche!
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:40 pm

FYI I havent seen anyone mention it yet but you need to go Auto Zone/Advance Auto and rent a spring compessor to do the 5100's. You have to pay a deposit($48-52 maybe) but you get it back when you return it.
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
You guys really need to be doing this on Thursday, then taking your trucks to the Gulches on Friday Very Happy to try all that new stuff out!

I second this idea ^^^^^

I have the scuba diver mod to install. Anyone available on Thursday to assist?
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:39 pm

SingleTrack wrote:
I ride a Specialized Carve 29'r with a 1x9 drivetrain setup. I literally live on Wild Turkey trail in Greensboro so I'm fortunate to have about 40 miles of trails right out the front door. You ride?

I do whenever i have time, and find a decent trail, there are a few here on camp lejeune and New River air station, ive been up to wilmington once and newbern as well. i got into riding last year i ended up buy a Trek Cobia 29er (got to have the 29 here, it rolls over all the roots and such)
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:41 pm

spotts78 wrote:
NC FJ Driver wrote:

I second this idea ^^^^^

I have the scuba diver mod to install. Anyone available on Thursday to assist?

I actually have a snorkel and a rear scuba mod to put in myself.... maybe we work together?
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Who else is in? Man this is going to be great!

1) Jon (me)
2) Derek
3) Wylie
4) Michael
5) Ryan
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 pm

fjdarrell wrote:
I actually have a snorkel and a rear scuba mod to put in myself.... maybe we work together?
I'm game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREENSBORO area wrenching day....   GREENSBORO area wrenching day.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREENSBORO area wrenching day....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next