NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Empty
PostSubject: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

I installed my Blue Sea fuse box today. My parts list was:

1 40" 4AWG battery cable
1 19" 4AWG battery cable
1 100 amp breaker
18" 16AWG wire
2 16-14AWG ring terminals

I started by mounting the breaker using an empty threaded hole in the fender. I ended up turning the breaker in order to better fit the battery cable.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0738

Then I routed the 40" cable through the rubber grommet in the firewall by cutting off the end of a protruding nipple which made a hole just large enough for the wire. Once the wire was routed I attached it to the breaker.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0747

After much debating I chose to mount the fuse box behind the passenger side kick panel. Because it was a tight space I chose to mount the fuse box using velcro so I could easily take it out to add to it or check fuses if need be.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0737

I routed all my wiring up through the space created by removing the glovebox so I could just slide the fuse box in and stick it to the velcro.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0743

I routed my fuse box ground to these others.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0741

And it's all done. Ignore my ham radio wires, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install CIMG0746

Very shortly I will be adding two 12V plugs and an inverter. It is hard for me to get the time to do because I usually have a pretty small window to get everything torn down and put back together.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

looks like you did a fantastic job..when i get the money i would love to do this mod...
Back to top Go down
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sea Fuse Box Install   Blue Sea Fuse Box Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Sea Fuse Box Install
Page 1 of 1