NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repurpose your FJammer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Repurpose your FJammer Empty
PostSubject: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 pm

A relatively simple work bench mod that also serves other purposes.

Items needed:
An FJammer that you can't sell because everyone else seems to already have one

Reverse wire harness

Universal FM antenna

Some wire and crimp on/wire nut/ solder connections.

Some old 4 ohm speakers, two is fine, but if you've got 4, the FJammer can handle it

Computer power supply

You'll use the computer power supply to provide 12v DC power for the FJammer. The beauty of a power supply is that it's also great for bench testing other 12v auto accessories. I use mine to test all my lights and LEDs before hooking them to the truck. It had enough power to fire up my HIDs without a problem, so most other items shouldn't be a problem either.

Cut one of the 12v connectors off the power supply wiring and splice a 16 gauge or greater wire to the positive and negative wires.

Splice the other end of your wire to the reverse wiring harness. The negative wire should be spliced to the ground of the harness. The positive wire should be spliced to both the accessory and power wires of the harness.

On your wiring harness, you'll also have two gray, two white, two green and two purple wires. These are the wires for your speakers. White/Gray are the front and Green/Purple are the rear. Again, splice some wire to the harness, and run the wire to your speakers. 1 speaker, 2, 3 or 4, it's up to you.

Plug the reverse harness in to your FJammer and also plug in your antenna. Make sure the power supply is on, and turn the FJammer on. Instant music and CD player with aux input for your workshop!

I used two basic L-brackets to mount my FJammer to my bench, but there are lots of options.

Repurpose your FJammer DSCN1905

Last edited by Speedrye on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Love it!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:19 pm

I had everything except the antenna and reverse harness. For the $15 it cost, it was well worth it. I'm tempted to mount a TV now and plug it in to the aux. input so I can have surround sound!
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:29 pm

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 pm

I had to come back to this...  I have to power supplies in the garage and will be setting one up for a test bench for lights and anything else 12v.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I've found that I use mine all the time for stuff.  Cheap and much easier than opening your hood and attaching something to the battery every time you want to check something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repurpose your FJammer   Repurpose your FJammer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repurpose your FJammer
Page 1 of 1