NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th

Go down 
+9
fjdarrell
David B
Scottydog
Crazy Hube
Auto Solutions
NC FJ Driver
smoky cruiser
FJ Derek
bigdogdewey2
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:22 am

For those staying overnight and coming back down toward Charlotte or Raleigh on Sunday, you might want to try old Hwy 105 from Linville falls down to I-40. Nick and I did this run last year and its hidden gem. Scenic overlooks of Linville gorge in a couple places that will drop your jaw. If the leaves have any color, this ride is a must-do. Trail is easy, rock-dirt road, no crawls but some narrow places with switch-backs and steep descents. Nothing your average pickup couldn't handle.
I submitted a long trail report on this last year if you want to see pics.
Directions from Blowing Rock are Hwy 221 south (west?) down past Linville to Linville Falls. Then you pick up old Hwy 105 at the parking area to the Falls. Head south 18 miles and the trail turns back to state highway below the gorge near Lake James state park. Then on local roads (pick your own path) you wind your way back to I-40 between Marion and Morganton.

If anyone takes this way back to 40, post a report and some pics.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Can you post the link to the trail report you did? Would love to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:07 pm

http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t476p15-nov-19-old-hwy-nc105
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Great write up and pics! Whenever you go back I'd be more than interested. The wife probably will too seeing that linville falls is where I proposed to her!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm

That looks like a better trip than Richland. Definitely need to do that one sometime this fall.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:42 pm

yeah i agree...but richland has a little more challenge to it..i would however like to do this linville trip when the leaves start to change...
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh yeah I just finished my right side ome expedition install, and my light speed racing uca install. Already did my rear last sunday. I also met with darrell and got my obfd rock rails they are primed, and have 1 coat of green on them. I was gonna go olive drab, but with the black it was too dark. I went with a satin enamel green that looks military, but a little more green. Can't wait to beat those rails up and see what darrel has to offer. They look great and I really like the weight. VERY BEEFY.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Just got a call from Darell he is getting me my sliders tonight! Gonna start priming ASAP.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm

BT wrote:
Just got a call from Darell he is getting me my sliders tonight! Gonna start priming ASAP.
You and me both!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Sorry Guys, but I have to be the guy that backs out. My wife got an opportunity to do something and need I to watch the two little ones. That would be to hard to do on the trail ride. Hopefully I will see a few of you on the Gulches trip.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 am

Brian wrote:
Sorry Guys, but I have to be the guy that backs out. My wife got an opportunity to do something and need I to watch the two little ones. That would be to hard to do on the trail ride. Hopefully I will see a few of you on the Gulches trip.

you suck!! LOL...just kidding...sorry to hear this ...have fun with the kiddies...either way at least the wife gets to do something she wants ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Yeah, and she is good about letting me play when I want to. So I don't mind watching the kids for her when she needs to do something.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:06 am

Brian wrote:
Yeah, and she is good about letting me play when I want to. So I don't mind watching the kids for her when she needs to do something.
Good man!
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: Bring them youngins   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:38 am

I will be bringing my 18 month, and my 4 year old. I will not be bringing our 8 week old though. He already did hurricane creek though.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

unfortunately i have to bow out of this trip..i have found out that i have a job that i have to plan for...if in fact this goes thru i will be gone for weeks at a time...and i have to prepare the home for my being gone for a long period of time..and be with the family...so i apologize but i have to bow out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Whats the job mike?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Congrats Mike, hope it turns out like you expect.

So... with Mike and Brian both aborting, is there anyone left on the going list that is familiar enough with the trail to ensure we stay on the trail?
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Unfortunately I'm out too. Looks like I have a bad bearing inside the idler pulley. Looks my FJ is out of commission for the weekend. I wa really looking forward to this too. Sad
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 pm

BT wrote:
Unfortunately I'm out too. Looks like I have a bad bearing inside the idler pulley. Looks my FJ is out of commission for the weekend. I wa really looking forward to this too. Sad

Damn, I didnt even commit and two bowed out, then as soon as I mention going, there goes another, anyone else?Laughing

And still wondering if anyone still going is "trail guide" qualified (knows where we're going)?
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm in Boone already so I'm still going! Never been on the trail though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Take the path of least resistance and you will be on the trail.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm

I guess now its just up to Colin! Don't let us down man!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Brian wrote:
Take the path of least resistance and you will be on the trail.

Famous last words! HaHa!Very Happy Just want to be sure we adhere to DB's guidance and stay on the right road!
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: were good   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm

I have not been there but we should be fine. It is a easy trail to follow in my understanding. We should have 0 problems. Just finished my lift and damn it is stiff as heck. I fell like I'm driving a lowered civic with no springs? It passed the road test, and alignement seems ok. Were gonna have a ball. What is the attendamce count now? I have my buddy derek going with a diesel fj60 a sweet ride.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Still meeting at Walmart in Lenoir at 9:30?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th   RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RICHLAND Rd. on Saturday Sept. 15th
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: Individual Trail Rides-
Jump to: