NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tommyhodges
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
tommyhodges

Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Empty
PostSubject: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Just wondering if you can take the Tire Cover OFF the FJ and the BACKUP CAMERA will still be intact/operational/decent to look at? Has anyone tried this? If so, do you have pictures?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tommyhodges
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 pm

The camera works perfectly with no change to the field of view. The camera is housed in the "hub" that the spare rim mounts around ...if that makes sense, so removing the cover, and/or spare has no effect.

Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Spare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Take that cover off and you will be surprised that not only is it not affected but your field of view is GREATLY improved! I took my cover off the first week I owned the FJ and haven't looked back... In fact I sold the cover!
Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? 580107_10151538109667715_707468833_n
Back to top Go down
tommyhodges
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
tommyhodges

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Take that cover off and you will be surprised that not only is it not affected but your field of view is GREATLY improved! I took my cover off the first week I owned the FJ and haven't looked back... In fact I sold the cover!
Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? 580107_10151538109667715_707468833_n

Dude your FJ looks exactly like what I want in a 2013 model. Thanks for the pic.
Back to top Go down
tommyhodges
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
tommyhodges

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm going to add a Yakima SwingDaddly to my hitch. Gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Right! I posted in your intro thread too. I love my Iceberg!
Back to top Go down
tommyhodges
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
tommyhodges

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Paul, thank you for the information regarding the rock rails/steps. Where did you get the steps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm

They also come from the Toyota dealership they are about $100 A pair. There is a place for two on each side of the truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?   Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will backup camera still work properly with the OEM Tire Cover Removed?
Page 1 of 1