NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best switches and products

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

best switches and products  Empty
PostSubject: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm

i love these switches...they are just too cool...you can get them at OTRATTW.com...i think they are very well priced and the quality is clearly top notch...Jim at OTRATTW is who i talked to and got the advice about which actual bodies to get..he can pretty much do anything you want to them as far as graphics and lettering...price is all the same...lol....and jsut look at how good and "stock" they look on my dash...

best switches and products  Imag0010

the surround is awesome...jsut cut the hole and set it in...no worries and the switches fit perfectly..

best switches and products  Imag0011

best switches and products  Imag0012
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

they are back lit when the interior lights are on and also when then roof lights are on...ill get some pics later ...its raining pretty hard here...but OTRATTW has all kinds of different lighting choices...and many different color combinations...
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Looks like you had an extra screw...that is a rattle waiting to happen...LOL
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Does that surround come in different sizes...say smaller for 2 switches? I can't seem to find it on the website.
Which model switch is this you have?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 pm

the switches are kinda hard to put all together from the site..if you call Jim ..he will put you in the right ones..the surround is a three switch surround..they do have the blank to fill in the empty spot...im not positive but he may be able to do a 2 switch surround...but for the price get the 3 switch surround and put the blank in until you have more need for it...my third switch isnt even hooked up..not until i get the front bumper lights that i want......ill look up the part number here in a minute...

i think my part numbers where v1d1jcnb...for the bodies...all three are the same...its amber and red then you add the rocker that you want...

give me a few minutes to check...either way if you call Jim...which is the best way to order from him...online is just a bit confusing ....then he will put you in the right parts...tell him you own an FJ and he will match u up with the correct colors for the interior lights...or be different and do something wild ...i got everything i ordered with in 5 days...and i made two different orders...really pleased with what i got..
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 pm

ok the switch bodies are V1D1JCNB...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Those are bad a@@!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Those are bad a@@!

yeah i have to admit...when i saw these i fell in love...and if you compare these switches to what you might get with a light kit...there is no comparison...awesome stuff ...and honestly i think the prices on these makes them a slam dunk...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I think I'm to do this to at least replace the poor switch they gave me for the bumper lights on my truck and probably go with more like you have just so when I put more lights on the truck. Thanks for the information and the review.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Yeah, $ is tight with the new rear bumper, but they are definately on the "to do" list, perfect for the rear lights on the new bumper, front driving lights on the front bumper, oh, I could go on! Very Happy I'm just not sure what to wire to the Zombie Targeting System?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

yeah the switches that came with both sets of lights are completely junk...you pay for lights not a switch...the switches that i got i couldnt even tell if they were on or off and were to be mounted using double sided tape AND they didnt even light up....so i think its a no brainer..i may use the "junk" switches in the rear of the truck somewhere ...like maybe a window lock/unlock or interior light or something...certainly nothing high end...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Yeah, $ is tight with the new rear bumper, but they are definately on the "to do" list, perfect for the rear lights on the new bumper, front driving lights on the front bumper, oh, I could go on! Very Happy I'm just not sure what to wire to the Zombie Targeting System?

thats the beauty of the stuff from Jim at OTRATTW...you can customize them with just about anything you want...
Back to top Go down
Swerllz
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Swerllz

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:38 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:

ALL of them Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best switches and products    best switches and products  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best switches and products
Page 1 of 1