NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with odd water leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Need help with odd water leak Empty
PostSubject: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Admittedly, I haven't had the chance to examine this too closely, but...

I've got water leaking out of my passenger side frame rail where the rear lower link mounts to the frame. At first I thought it could've been condensation from the A/C somehow wicking to the rear through the frame, but the front end of the frame, inside and out is dry. I've noticed this twice now and both times it hadn't rained in days and my FJ is always garaged. This is the same area where my body mount bolts were nearly rusted through when I did the body lift (though they and the surrounding area was dry at the time of the lift). Any thoughts on where this water is coming from and how it's getting to my rear body mounts and lower control arm mounts?? Are there other areas I need to investigate?
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: no clue    Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 pm

That sounds scary. I am gonna have to take a look at mine closely. Maybe one of your condensation drainage lines slipped back in the truck and is draning from there, or maybe one is damaged?
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Does anyone know where the roof rack would leak if the middle mounts were leaking? It's straight above the area. I'm wondering if it's leaking when it rains and puddling inside, then slowly draining out when I drive.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:22 pm

if it was leaking at the mid mounts of the roof rack then it would roll back behind the half door window pillar ...so that could be it..but if it was leaking your head liner would be wet...i know this because when i took mine off i didnt tape up the holes and it rained that night or the next and my headliner was wet directly below those mounts...
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Nope, I've never had any water on the inside anywhere... Good to know though.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm

well thats good to know..i think you may have an issue with water migrating from somewhere else...obviously...are you sure its water and nothing else? are you seeing it at a particular time of day? what about where you are parking? same place each time when u see it? i had a friend who saw water a couple of times and found out it was a cat pissing under his hood...lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with odd water leak   Need help with odd water leak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with odd water leak
Page 1 of 1