Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Osceola National Forest Trail Ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Empty
PostSubject: Osceola National Forest Trail Ride   Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:57 pm

I went down to visit my brother in GA. He lives on the border of FL and we went to Osceola National Forest to do some trail riding. I didn't take the FJ. I wanted to save some gas on our trip and we thought it might be to wet to go offroading anyway. They have had about 3 weeks of rain including the recent passing tropical storm. The rivers were flooded and we thought offroading might be a no-go. Well we got an itch and decided to go anyway in just his Jeep. Turned out to be a great time. About 80% of all the trails we rode on were covered in water. Usually about a foot, but there were stretches where we were driving in 2ft of water for miles at a time. At one point we submerged his tail pipe and a few places we had to back track because the water was too deep. He didn't have his doors on and we didn't really want the water coming in the cab.

It was a different experience for sure. Its not rock crawling, and might not be your thing. However it was definitely going where most vehicles couldn't. There are hundreds of trails and it is all free!

Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Osceola National Forest Trail Ride   Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Looks like an interesting time for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imperial AT-FJ
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Imperial AT-FJ

PostSubject: Re: Osceola National Forest Trail Ride   Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:45 pm

AWWW! Your making me "homesick"!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: Nice footage   Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Like driving blind huh. Looks like a ton of guess you would've gotten further in the fj. Sweet footage I've done a fair amount of wheeling near gainesville.and cedar key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Osceola National Forest Trail Ride   Osceola National Forest Trail Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Osceola National Forest Trail Ride
Page 1 of 1