NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lift kit.......???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: lift kit.......???   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

ok guys, so this is going to be a multiple part/ question thread...... and a for warning my grammer sucks...afro

so i just came accross 2k $ that i can spend on the FJ i know a lot of you guys will say i need skids first but i am really looking at getting a lift kit first. you guys know the terain arounf here and what type of wheeling we do,,,, so i'm asking for ideas on what to get right now i am kind of looking at the metal-tech long travel rear which will run me around $650. adventually i would like to purches the control arm kit to go with that but i think it can wait, as for the front i really have no clue, i was thinking radflow or just the Icon coil overs... which wouldnt leave me enough for uca or lca, ok so any ideas/ advice for the front would be greatly appertiated....

Okay, next to save $ money i'd like to do the install myself, now with me being in the mil. we have hobby shops with lifts and any tool known to man that i can rent for verry cheap. so if anyone has expierence or would just like to come to lejeune and help out id be willing to pay for gas, food, beer, whatever you think would cover it or be worth it.....

thanks in advance, and i look forward in hear suggestions.

on another note i was thinking about posting something simalar in the blue room, but i have noticed that alot of those guys seem stuck up or just plain rude, anyone else notice that?

and i'm out............
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift kit.......???   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:56 pm

oh one more thing maybe i just go with the toytec ultimate 3" and get uca?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift kit.......???   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 am

Darrell..i kow the "urge" to spend some money when ya got it...my opinion is to start off slow..get a quality lift...springs/shocks/coilovers....personally the skids are great but there is not much around here that will tear up belly...(if the right line is chosen)...tires/lift/to start off with...look at a bumper/winch combo next ..again a winch is another item that is just not really needed around here...cool to have but i have never needed a winch in any situation i have ever come across while wheeling...(not to mention someone else will have one)...i know you got the sliders...so thats not an issue...grab a CB when u can...and then spend some money on recovery gear...dont forget that that FJ of yours is a DAILY DRIVER....the urge to beat your truck will be overcome by that thought alone...TAKE IT FROM ME >>>THEY ARE NOT CHEAP TO FIX>...

if you need help fixin or installin anything...i am always willing to help...
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift kit.......???   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I agree with a lift and tires...and ill be happy to help..i did my lift im a semi-pro now lol
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: ome   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:15 pm

The old man emu 3 inch is only about 900 and that ought to leave enough for ucas from light racing. The little extra you've got will be enough for a 12 pack and an alignment. The ome lift is a better than factory ride and you can choose your spring rate oem heavy or expedition. Perfect choices for what you plan to add on thats heavy bumpers etc. The ome lift has been terror tested for decades and is a solid product and money well spent.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

lift kit.......??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift kit.......???   lift kit.......??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lift kit.......???
Page 1 of 1