NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the FJ world and website

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wardp8
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

New to the FJ world and website Empty
PostSubject: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

Hello NCFJ I am new to the FJ world as for now it is stock but the wife and I are really enjoying it ,i am from cameron n.c about 10 miles from Ft.Bragg I have seen a few riding around ,and was wondering what mods should I do first this is a daily driver for my wife ,really like to add to the appearance and go from there.Any suggestions would be great,along with websites to purchase.Your website really stands out ,really enjoy it.Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 am

Hey welcome. Too many mods to do just do one first. Do at least 2-4 simultaneously. Whether you realize it now or not, you are going to want to take this thing off road. So I say sliders, is your first step. Then lift, then tires, then skid plates, UCAs, storage compartments, Orangeboxx PSDs, CB, rear lower links, front bumper, rear bumper, roof rack, and so on and so on.

Metal-tech is a group company and supporter of the FJ community.
Metal-Tech

Toytec is another good company. They offer a 10% discount to FJ Forum members.
ToyTec

TRDParts4U
TRDParts4U

Bubdbuilt, a personal favorite of mine. Awesome guy and family man. NC company as well.
Budbuilt.com

I am sure other people here will chime in and give you more input.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Welcome wardp8!

We are glad you joined us here! I know you will have a blast with your new "Toy"! Brian has listed a few favorite vendors and I would like to suggest that you look at our NCFJ Cruiser Preferred vendors as well! Our preferred vendors have accountd here on the forum and are always willing to answerany mod questions or questions in general about building out your FJ. Make sure you ask alot of questions!! Wink

Again welcome and I look forward to seeing your future posts and watching your FJ evolve! Smile

Thanks

David
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Lift...wish I would of lifted mine the first day I had it
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Welcome to the NCFJ forum...I'm with Brian...sliders, lift, tires then go from there. You can find OEM sliders often from folks who are upgrading for a good price.

Good luck, hope to see you on the trail soon or at one of our many gatherings....OBX maybe
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: welcome cameron   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Welcome man. I have been in the group about 8 months, and love it. Great resource. I'd go with some nice tires first. They will dramatically change the capability of your wifes rig. Then there are a bunch of almost free or free mods you can do like get rid of the seat belt chimes/remove the lense diffuser off your fog lights on the rear view mirrors/program your radio to different names and colrs etc. a ton of fun little mods to get the juices flowing.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 am

Welcome to the forum/club. Post up if you have any questions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the FJ world and website   New to the FJ world and website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the FJ world and website
Page 1 of 1