NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around

Go down 
+14
boaterspence
ULTIMATEcruiser
Merfal
MadToy
planemechFJ
Crazy Hube
85runner
Speedrye
NC FJ Driver
fjdarrell
FiJiKrawl
bigdogdewey2
David B
DamnItsAGlasgow
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I was defending the FJ; I was asking why people think it's a mall crawler. It's not my cup of tea but it's not bad either. The guy at least doesn't have anything done thats totally worthless offroad...except for the gas cap.
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Merfal wrote:
I was defending the FJ; I was asking why people think it's a mall crawler. It's not my cup of tea but it's not bad either. The guy at least doesn't have anything done thats totally worthless offroad...except for the gas cap.

i know, and as useless as it is i think that gas cap actually looks good
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Not a bad looking rig and while it may not appeal to some of us it is what the owner likes.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm

just as my truck does not appeal to many or any for that matter...haters gonna hate ....i just personally think its funny to build a truck with HIGH dollar equipment and not wheel it...for all i know this guy wheels every weekend and it may be the toughest wheeling there is out there...but i just dont think whoever drives this truck does wheel or anything harder than a lonely mountain road...and $3800 for bumpers?? that is if he has both front and rear...and from the looks of it he does...
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:57 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
just as my truck does not appeal to many or any for that matter...haters gonna hate ....i just personally think its funny to build a truck with HIGH dollar equipment and not wheel it...for all i know this guy wheels every weekend and it may be the toughest wheeling there is out there...but i just dont think whoever drives this truck does wheel or anything harder than a lonely mountain road...and $3800 for bumpers?? that is if he has both front and rear...and from the looks of it he does...

and i see your point as well, i wasn't trying to start an argument or anything i just put myself in his shoes and this being the first thread he possibly reads.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 am

you mean you werent try to start an arguement?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 am

5 Star Thread, would read again
Back to top Go down
Merfal
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Merfal

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am

I was trying to start an arguement!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am

yeah thats exactly what i was trying to say, im not much of a typer and you know marines are a little illiterate.
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am

Merfal wrote:
I was trying to start an arguement!!!!!

always someone lol
Back to top Go down
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 am

This is almost exactly what I want my FJ to look like once I'm out of school. I like the fab fours rear bumper and will probably put one on my rig and I will definitely be going matte black. I say good for him doing what he thinks looks good and whether he takes his rig onto trails or not, he obviously has some pride in what he drives and I respect that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:53 am

I like also like it. No need to prove anything to anyone. A lot of people have rifles and even automatic weapons, but yet haven't actually shot anyone with them. Some people have offroading lights, but don't go trail riding at night.

I have zombie gear, and have not yet killed a zombie with it..... not YET!!! (The zombies are coming. Its no longer IF, but WHEN.)
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

LOL Brian... I'm gonna come find you once those zombies break out!

But in all reality, I still respect the driver of this FJ. For all we know, this could be his everyday driver vehicle that he doesn't take offroad, and he's got a garage full of crawlers, boggers, buggies, etc. At least he has good taste and isn't doing stupid crap with his $$$ like chopping the roof, putting 26" rims, and painting it purple!

I just feel like some of you guys bash others if they want to lift a vehicle up and put some cool gear on it, but don't take it offroad every weekend (remember, not everyone would be able to afford repairs if their drive-to-work vehicle got messed up over the weekend!). It's not the best way to recruit to the site.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 am

that is a sweet looking ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:58 pm

FiJiKrawl wrote:
fjdarrell wrote:
im not sure why everyone is hating on this fj. i mean we are all partial to our own vehicles... but i'm not gonna hate on someone else if i dont like the look. i know if i got a card saying to come to our website and read this thread about my FJ i'd really be hating on the whole website!!!!!!!!!

true story.

Thanks Darrell (for pointing this out) and thanks Karl (for dropping the card)! I'm cleaning this thread up to get rid off the off topic chatter.

Last edited by paulwardinc on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Not a bad looking rig and while it may not appeal to some of us it is what the owner likes.

Agreed!!

I hope he shows up here because I dig his FJ and I'd drive the heck out of it!
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm

MadToy wrote:
planemechFJ wrote:
Someone school me on what the device attached to the rear tire is please!

Spare tire bike rack....

Thanks

I also really like this rig. regardless of what he/she uses it for. Kid,grocery,Mtn bike hauler or offroad. Looks great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 pm

planemechFJ wrote:
MadToy wrote:
planemechFJ wrote:
Someone school me on what the device attached to the rear tire is please!

Spare tire bike rack....

Thanks

I also really like this rig. regardless of what he/she uses it for. Kid,grocery,Mtn bike hauler or offroad. Looks great in my opinion.
Agreed its a good looking truck in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

FiJiKrawl wrote:
Hey Glasgow! Is this the truck you saw? This one was near Southpark Mall.

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 2012-12-05_11-07-11_965

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 2012-12-05_11-10-42_728

I don't have fancy cards like David and Paul, so I just left him a note on one of my business cards, hahaha...

Well done!!! Truck looks GREAT and good thinking on the card..... Smile cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Just saw that this FJ is for sale on Ebay. $22,500 takes it
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 pm

They sell stock for that price. It has to have 10,000 of extras on it. Seems like a good buy but I wonder what the catch is!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am

Definitely not a bad looking rig. I would bet that he uses his about as much as I use mine. Unfortunately for me, wheeling is somewhere on the bottom of my list of priorities.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 am

boaterspence wrote:
Just saw that this FJ is for sale on Ebay. $22,500 takes it

Gotta link?
Back to top Go down
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-Base-Sport-Utility-4-Door-4-0L-/221200177112?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item33808ed7d8
Back to top Go down
FJoe
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJoe

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 pm

hey man, if that's what you dig, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around   Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uptown Charlotte - completely murdered out matte black w/ lift and bumpers all around
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2