rear locker plus atrac?????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

rear locker plus atrac????? Empty
PostSubject: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:47 am

I was going to do the rear locker hack the other day, but from reading the blue room I discovered that some early 2007 productions had another restriction. You can only be locked w/out the atrac on, and only use atrac if the locker is off. Very upsetting. I then proceeded to the mud hill near my house to check it sure enough no atrac with my locker. So they have figured out how to do a mod that lets you use locker in 2h4h4l, and allows the use of the atrac at the same time. I need help. I need a step by step for retards, and a picture book of the job. I would really appreciate any help as I feel cheated outta my front and rear simultaneous traction. The blue room has multiple ways to do it, but very unclear not willing to start snipping wires till I'm certain. I already did a switch to cut off my vsc that worked killer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:18 am

Is that true on the 2011s? Because I'm realtively sure I've had both on at the same time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:28 am

i know ive had both of mine on at the same time...i do know that if you turn the locker on and hit the atrac button then hold it down for like 10 sec it turns off vsc and abs...im pretty sure thats what it did..and worked awesome...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:44 am

Early models (like mine) only allow you to run ATRAC or the rear locker at the same time. There are a few write-ups in the blue room with step-by-step pics. I did the 'No Cut Hack' and it works perfect. Having ATRAC up front while the rear locked helps a good bit, but still is nothing like running front and rear locked at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.SoutheastOverland.com

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

It was 2009 or 2010 when the E-locker was wired in compatibility with a-trac.
Back to top Go down
yota15
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Man I told you I would send give you this link after we got back from Hurricane Creek but totally forgot. This is what I did but, like you mentioned, I dunno if it will work on your model. It took all of 20 minutes. The hardest part was trying to get the bolt back into place cause I pulled the wiring harness out because I thought that would make things easier. It didn't.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/15923-rear-locker-modification.html

Any news on your 3rd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: atrac plus locker done   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:13 am

I finally got it done. I found really nice up close pics of the operation on yota tech.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: atrac plus locker mod   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:17 pm

It has made a night and day differrence in the offroad performance of my fj. Last time I went out I tested the atrac plus locker in 3 spots where before I couldn't pass with out excessive skinny pedal. This time I eased up them all at 15psi on the skinny muds. My truck is at least 40% more capable now I'd say.
Back to top Go down
DurtyFJ
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:58 pm

what was the link to those pictures on yota tech? i could find them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear locker plus atrac?????   rear locker plus atrac????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear locker plus atrac?????
Page 1 of 1