NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!

Go down 
+14
dsbike
bigdogdewey2
totald
GuntherT6B
CarolinaCruiser15
Darklight
ncorn38
cnckart
crogers6569
Scottydog
Snowdogyyz
FonnieJr
ULTIMATEcruiser
David B
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 pm

They're black anodized from Ricochet. I was thinking about going with their red color, but didn't know if it would match up to the radiant red very well.

I figure my aftermarket hitch can protect the rear bumper at this point...
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Looks real nice with the Blackout bumpers.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 pm

spotts78, Definately looking good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Yep looks great!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Finally able to post up some Ricochet on my truck...Lower Control Arm Armor (painted semi-gloss black so hard to see) courtesy the Black Friday Sales!

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 IMG_0313-1
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 am

Just a bash plate.

The thing arrived in a quick 4 days. Very impressed.

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 IMG-20121218-00002
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Hard to see, but finally became a Ricochet owner...Lower control arm skids, painted semi-gloss black by me...

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 IMG_0313-1
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 am

what does that front bash plate actually mount to in the front right under the bumper?? is it actually the bumper plastic that it attaches to??
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 am

no, it attaches right over the oringinal plate, in the same holes, uses the original as a spacer, they make a heavy dutier one that has its own spacers i believe,
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
what does that front bash plate actually mount to in the front right under the bumper?? is it actually the bumper plastic that it attaches to??

Mounts to a little of everything really. On the original tin skid you take out the rear bolts, but leave the front ones installed.
Then in the middle of the new bash plate there are 2 small bolts. Those mount to little threaded holes which are already in the tin skid from the factory (I know, I had never seen them before either). The top little bolts mount where the plastic bumper attaches to the metal bumper support...so technically it is mounted to metal under plastic. If you were to imagine the stock plate underneath the top bolts and radiator support would lie between the little bolt heads in the middle and the top. Then the bottom rear bolts just replace the big ones you took out in the beginning that hold both the new and the old in place...not unlike how the bling-plate OEM ones attach at the back. I must say it is a very clever design. Weighs a mere 13 lbs, and backs right against the stock tin. I was impressed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!   All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ricochet fans/owners post here!!!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5