NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement

Go down 
+2
Scottydog
rylandnc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Empty
PostSubject: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:35 pm

While at the dealer today checking on the driveshaft TSB, I mentioned that my driver's seat would occasionally feel and sound like a faint click. More noticeable under a harder stop or suspension event. We found out I could push down on the inboard side of the seat bottom by the forward cosmetic seam with the heal of my palm and make it click. My thought is it's most likely a broken spring in the seat bottom. Anyhow, after checking out my driveshaft, the service advisor told me they would order the driveshaft AND and complete new driver seat assembly. It seems the driver seat is not serviceable. I was thinking maybe just a new seat bottom. Nope, they are replacing the entire seat under warranty. Seat price is just under $3,000.

So if you have any seat issue, get it checked out while you still have base warranty.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm

I had sinking seat syndrome...had it replaced for a $100 deductible...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:53 pm

where did you go?? Vann York?? really they will replace a friggin seat for $3000 Grand but wont play ball with a damn rearend.????oh i have got to go play with them now...glad i read this...
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:28 am

Haha, maybe they'll order you a whole set of aftermarket seats instead and save themselves some money. For that price they better be heated, cooled and have a vibrate function at the very least.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Please someone tell me why in the land of watermelon and cherries is the seat for an FJ worth just under $3000????please someone explain that to me...

based on that i would be willing to bet that if you parted the entire truck piece by piece it would cost you $300,000!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Supply and demand. Plus prices for most any stealership they double the price of any part. So if it cost them 1500.00 it is gonna cost you 3000.00 plus where else are you going to get an brand new Toyota seat. In other words going to the stealership for other than an oil change or to be a loyal customer to any of them . I think the term is THEY HAVE YOU BY THE BALLS and they are gonna get what they want for parts regardless. But for the best stealership I have found that I have found that you can work with on price are the guys at Cox Toyota in Burlington NC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Damn if I know why so much. The service guy quizzed me on how much it was. My guess was $1,800. When he showed me the $2,900+ price, I was like "DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!" It does have the built in side air bags and all, but still. Thank goodness it is a warranty issue.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

They have side air bags in them, I have had mine replaced too in the 4Runner. Damn seat was making popping and clicking noises during turns. They couldn't figure it out so they replaced the whole seat. Right around $3,000.00 covered under warranty. Cost me some dealership aggravation and inconvenience but that was about it.

Mike if there's a TSB out on the 2011 FJ drive shaft I would persue that too!

Some info:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/newbie-discussions/146395-recalled-drive-shaft-tsb-0046-12-a.html
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:39 pm

New seat is in...all is good. Got to let the dog get in there and hair it up like the other so it will match again clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement   Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver's seat occasional "click" = seat replacement
Page 1 of 1