NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Line-X on the roof...

Go down 
+2
Auto Solutions
DamnItsAGlasgow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

Line-X on the roof...  Empty
PostSubject: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:24 am

Has anyone looked into this? I have come to the realization that I want my roof black, one way or another. Originally thought about plasti-dipping it, but that's too much trouble for a temporary fix... so now I've submitted a quote request to Line-X to see what kind of pricing they can give me. Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:29 am

I've contemplated having my whole truck done in silver with the line-x premium. Still wanna do it! I think the whole truck will cost around $3500. I think just the roof should look good too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

i like a black roof. Pull the trigger!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:27 pm

I like a same color roof, but some people already know this and give me a hard time about it.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:48 pm

i would love to have my roof black...i have talked to line x and rhino lining and several body shops...seems the issue with the "bedliner" roof tops are the cracking...if there is a crack and i mean a hairline crackit can drw water in and then the trouble really starts...apparently it can happen mostly during the colder weather months....i have heard that from several people and businesses...id still almost risk it and do it...i think now i would like to look more into the MONSTA LINER brand...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:28 pm

I like the idea of Monstaliner to save a few bucks, but my only problem is the finish seems to be a little too rough looking and shinier (from the pics I've seen) than I would like.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 am

As stated in the "Plasti Dip" thread, I dipped the roof over the weekend! Figured I would start with the cheaper stuff, make it look nice enough to hold its own for awhile, then go for the real liner down the road once I truly feel comfortable with the color difference. Pics will be posted tonight though!

(PS, I at least was able to upload my avatar pic, so there's a little preview)

Last edited by DamnItsAGlasgow on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Avatar)
Back to top Go down
stevesimpson6
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
stevesimpson6

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:11 am

I have a friend that line-xed his FJ roof about about a year ago. No problems so far. Still looks good and he's happy with it. I'll try and get a pic next time I see him.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 am

That's good to know! I've heard rumors of possible cracking issues, but haven't actually heard first-hand experiences of that happening. That would be great if you could get a picture or two! Also, would you be able to ask him how much it cost him and where he got it done at? I'm trying to get a ballpark figure for what it's going to run me.

(PS, I'm still going to post pictures of the Plasti roof, just didn't have time last night)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Well the avatar looks sweet. Now I am waiting for the pictures. Blue and Yellow are the only FJs I like with the white roof. Well maybe the red (or brick) too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Line-X on the roof...    Line-X on the roof...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Line-X on the roof...
Page 1 of 1