NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suspension Choice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm

So I'm thinking of going with this setup. Thoughts?

OME suspension, with medium coils (for 100-180lbs of extra front weight), leaving in my spacers, OME nitrocharger sport 90010 shocks, Toytec SuperFlex coils in the back, with OME 60080 rear shocks, and rear stone guards

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58842&category_id=104&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

And the ICON Uniball UCA

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=105&product_id=58976&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

I don't have experience with any of these products, so any advice is appreciated. And can I leave the spacers I have in (just a 1.5" leveling kit), or would that stress the suspension components too much?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm

I love my OME suspension - even though I realize it's a bit different than the FJ. I have the heavy duty springs for full armor and plate bumper, and I don't have the plate bumper but I think it still rides great.

And I also think the LR UCA is a great deal and you'll get great alignment out of 'em - plus they're maintenance free.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I also have the OME coils in the rear...a bit stiffer than the stock ones, but have settled a bit and ride much better now.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

ive got the same thing as what your looking at minus the shocks...rides great...
Back to top Go down

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 pm

I also 2nd the LightRacing UCAs. They are a good product and cheaper than the Icon UCAs. They also come with the holes for the brackets attached to the stock UCAs. If you do go with Icon UCAs, make sure you get the adjustable ones. I think they offer ones that aren't.
Back to top Go down
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Well I happened to see the sale from Metaltech on the Icon Stage II with LR UCAs, and it was basically the same price as the kit I was putting together. So I opted to go with that. Yay ICON!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension Choice   Suspension Choice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspension Choice
Page 1 of 1