NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?

Go down 
+2
totald
Speedrye
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

I've been keeping my eyes out for this car for a long while. Anyone else considering one of these or it's sister, the Subaru BRZ?
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Definitely cool looking cars, but I gave up a stage 3 WRX for my FJ. I am out of the speed business.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm

totald wrote:
Definitely cool looking cars, but I gave up a stage 3 WRX for my FJ. I am out of the speed business.

i have the same feeling...love the car actually hot as hell!! looks like its gonna be a fun car to have...but im too old to go fast...slow and rough is how im taking it!! LOL
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

totald wrote:

No way!!! I gave up a stage 1 Forester XT for my FJ. My buddy Doug Osborne(aka Problemcat) now owns it.

I do like the Subaru BRZ and wouldn't mind having one considering it would be fun to drive without being too fast. At this point in time, when my FJ is paid for in a couple years, I just might look up a used BRZ as a second car.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 pm

I had an 04 WRX and an 07 STi a while back, great cars!
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Jami - a used BRZ in a few years would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately it will be a long few years since I just traded up.

Brian - The WRX's, no matter what trim level are definitely great cars. Mine was the first car I ever really felt like keeping for a long time. I was going to break my trend of a new car almost every year since I started driving. Then I totaled it up in the Michigan snow. Now the FJ has taken its place.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I have had 3 different Suby's actually. I bought my first in February 2000, it was an Impreza 2.5RS coupe. Of all the different cars my wife and I have had over the past 20 years I miss that little car the most. For some stupid reason I felt the desire for more power and traded the RS for a 2003 WRX wagon that I kept for less than 2 years and traded in for the Forester XT. I still have a soft spot for the boxer turbo engine.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

totald wrote:
Jami - a used BRZ in a few years would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately it will be a long few years since I just traded up.

Brian - The WRX's, no matter what trim level are definitely great cars. Mine was the first car I ever really felt like keeping for a long time. I was going to break my trend of a new car almost every year since I started driving. Then I totaled it up in the Michigan snow. Now the FJ has taken its place.

You sound like me lol. My FJ is my 28th car. Thats not including motorcycles and other off road toys. I vowed to always keep the Fj though. Even if its an extra vehicle lol.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Auto Solutions wrote:
totald wrote:

You sound like me lol. My FJ is my 28th car. Thats not including motorcycles and other off road toys. I vowed to always keep the Fj though. Even if its an extra vehicle lol.

And you are just 25 years old? LOL!!
I guess we just love cars Brian. I too vow to keep my FJ. Two more years of payments and it is all mine. The sad thing is I got within a year and a half of having my Forester paid for when I parted with it. In total between my wife and myself we have had 18 different cars in a 20 year period. 16 of those were all brand new cars when purchased.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm

i too will be keeping the fj...in a few years i will be looking for a small economical car that is a point A to point B type transportation...but i will keep the FJ...as i have plans of a solid axle with possible 1 tons....dreamin.....
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
And you are just 25 years old? LOL!!
I guess we just love cars Brian. I too vow to keep my FJ. Two more years of payments and it is all mine. The sad thing is I got within a year and a half of having my Forester paid for when I parted with it. In total between my wife and myself we have had 18 different cars in a 20 year period. 16 of those were all brand new cars when purchased.

LOL yes, my dad tells me I have a "sickness". Most of mine have been new and it kills me to think of how many fully loaded 4x4 diesel trucks I bought that I didn't "need" but decided to blow money on lol.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Since we are talking about cars, I have to say that one car I would love to have from a gas sipper point of view is the Hyundai Veloster. They make a turbo model as well but I think I would be happy with the standard model. In my opinion it is one of the better looking gas sippers out there at 40mpg hwy.
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

I actually like those too. We had a fully loaded 2012 Honda CRZ in the shop the other day. I didnt like them at first but they are actually growing on me now..
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Last I read, even the turbo Veloster is supposed to get 40mpg. My wife has already ruled it out though, based on looks alone.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Speedrye wrote:
Last I read, even the turbo Veloster is supposed to get 40mpg. My wife has already ruled it out though, based on looks alone.

What? She doesn't like it?
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Speedrye wrote:
LOL that's funny. My girlfriend just said "if you get that I won't ever ride with you again" haha
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Auto Solutions wrote:
Speedrye wrote:
LOL that's funny. My girlfriend just said "if you get that I won't ever ride with you again" haha

Does that mean I like an ugly car?
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 pm

I must like an ugly car too lol.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 pm

id say that you like an ugly car...but think about htis...the Fj is NOT the most attractive vehicle out there either...i honestly did not like the fj until about 6 months before i bought it...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm

I think the veloster looks pretty cool. A turbo sipper would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:36 pm

the BRZ is sweet.... cannot wait to see a scoop on the hood.

Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? 2013-subaru-brz_100371905_m
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Anyone want to drive one this weekend?

http://frscharlotte.eventbrite.com/
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm

sweet...too far to drive for a test drive though.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Heck, I'm gonna do it, just because I can. If nothing else, it'll be a good excuse to have a day in the big city Very Happy. The cars aren't even out yet, so why not be one of the first to drive one? Actually, I'm contemplating getting one, so this will be a good chance for a test drive since the dealerships aren't getting any demo models in (last I heard) anytime soon. Now I just gotta figure out how the heck to pay for one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?   Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else interested in the Scion FR-S?
Page 1 of 1